DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Thanksgiving Event - The Foods for Foodie

THE FOODS FOR FOODIE!!!

A Happy, Healthy & Safe Thanksgiving On This Creative Arts Thursday/Friday  - A. Macarthur | The NewsTalkers AmyPeikoff - AmyPeikoff - This is what Wikipedia's entry,  "President-elect...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! FOR THIS THREAD WE WILL TALK ABOUT THANKSGIVING FOOD THAT WE ALL LOVE DURING THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!!! TONS OF FOODS AND TONS OF DRINKS!!!

Gotta admit, I love green bean casserole! It's my contribution to the feast :). Though, I am going to add another dish to the table this year: Texas Potatoes. I put the recipe in the Grayt Recipe Book II. My sister and niece LOVE them, so I'm gonna try them!

oooo those look interesting. Does it come out very liquid?

Like is it 'soup with some potatoes' or more 'potatoes with the soup flavour'?

Just now, Elaevia said:

oooo those look interesting. Does it come out very liquid?

Like is it 'soup with some potatoes' or more 'potatoes with the soup flavour'?

It's not soupy or liquid at all. The soup is for flavor.

oh gosh we do that the week after Christmas, but use frozen shredded potatoes! my great aunt made it for us when she came over for Christmas oh over ten years ago, we fell in love with it! 

Even if we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Belgium, we still make a green beans casserole and what we call country potatoes XD

It's not easy to get turkey here, tho 😔

12 hours ago, Cross said:

frozen shredded potatoes

what is it ? I picture very cold potatoes, but I guess it isn't that lol

hash browns basically. it's just they shred a potato and freeze it so you buy it frozen and cook whenever you like

Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, 20 oz - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

On 11/23/2020 at 6:43 AM, Phaedra said:

Gotta admit, I love green bean casserole! It's my contribution to the feast :). Though, I am going to add another dish to the table this year: Texas Potatoes. I put the recipe in the Grayt Recipe Book II. My sister and niece LOVE them, so I'm gonna try them!

I love that too! My husband has been baking pies from scratch.

It’s moist but not gooey. He just put them in the oven. He made the crust last night.