DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings from Brazil

Ranadin

Greetings and salutations! My name is Bruno, but call me by Ranadin. I discovered Wheel of Time by the eponymous Blind Guardian song, and then they started translating and publishing the books in Brazil. 

Have been reading the translated publications until book 6, for they haven't published (or even TEASED) A Crown of Swords for the last two years. I'm starting to fear they dropped the series altogether, without even a cancelation announcement. So, I got the English ebooks. At this moment, going through A Knife of Dreams, and enjoying it. 

So far, my least favorite book is A Path of Daggers, with Crossroads of Twilight coming in a close second.

Favorite character is Mat, and least favorite is... Katerine. From the side characters, I have a soft spot for Verin. I think she is awesome. 

Well, folks, there you have it. I'm here, and I hope to be here more often. Loving the series, planning to finish it very soon. 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:08 PM, Ranadin said:

And come again? Social clubs? School me on this. 

There are various ones, like the White Tower & Warders, The Black Tower, Shayol Ghul, Ogier, etc.

It's very difficult to explain to people what we actually do here. I'll quote the WT/W blurb for you - maybe that will help!

The term "Aes Sedai" means "Servants of All" in the Old Tongue. The White Tower and Warders Social Group has used the philosophy of Servants of All to create a social setting based on the hierarchy, purpose and set-up of the White Tower and Warders in the WoT series. This inspires the way in which we interact and some of the activities which we organize, although we are a social community and not a role playing group.

We offer people of varying common interests - related to the books or otherwise - a chance to find their niche with like minded people in one of the Ajahs or the Warders guild. Whether you become a Warder or an Aes Sedai (here males can be Aes Sedai and females can be Warders), at the White Tower and Warders Social Group, you can live out that philosophy and have fun doing it!

On 11/19/2020 at 8:00 PM, Ranadin said:

Greetings and salutations! My name is Bruno, but call me by Ranadin. I discovered Wheel of Time by the eponymous Blind Guardian song, and then they started translating and publishing the books in Brazil. 

Have been reading the translated publications until book 6, for they haven't published (or even TEASED) A Crown of Swords for the last two years. I'm starting to fear they dropped the series altogether, without even a cancelation announcement. So, I got the English ebooks. At this moment, going through A Knife of Dreams, and enjoying it. 

So far, my least favorite book is A Path of Daggers, with Crossroads of Twilight coming in a close second.

Favorite character is Mat, and least favorite is... Katerine. From the side characters, I have a soft spot for Verin. I think she is awesome. 

Well, folks, there you have it. I'm here, and I hope to be here more often. Loving the series, planning to finish it very soon. 

Looks like you, like so many of us found what is commonly referred to as the Slog(books  7-9) a bit slow going at times. But your pretty much through it now and don’t be worried about the change of Author for books 12-14, Sanderson does a phenomenal job.