DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

what tools do you own

Liitha

ok we all have our main theme of arts, but to get to know eachother and see maybe what we have coriosities of...i wondered what all are the different tools you all own for arts making

Personally i have

acryllic paint, though pencil wise i think i mostly just have brushes coming with kids water painting sets or such

?

a variety of pens of various sorts, including a caligraph one (not the real thing but a regular pen with shaped tip for doing caligraphy) - it comes from my scrapbooking stuff, what i love about that is you can merge art and crafting, two things i like.

I also got a whole set of inking pens or whatever they are called last year in all kinds of shades in a neat box.

i got a drawing/light board thingy to draft over things

i got a drawing tablet thingy for pluging into the pc, where you can draw with a stencil pen on the board with the screen as your paper...can we see that i am not very conserned with what things are called as much as what they do ?

gimp of course, with add ons and installed extra fonts in computer and the lot.

my photo cam which i not too long ago invested in a new lens i wanted for years for

and sims, well i got various editions, but mostly i would say version 3 is where i got all the custom content and sliders for adjusting a lot more to create critters and people based on pics...so i would say its very much bordering on manipulation when you get into it, because after you fine tuned body and such as most you can, its about going in with layers and layers of say color paterns and furs to create shading and whatnot all...to help geting it as realistic as posible as the sliders can only get you so far - though its rather time consuming so its been some years since i did that

i do not mind combining art forms, so maybe draw some, scan it, draw some more on pad and color in some, then lend pics from say pixabay and jump over into photomanip to finish - that is when i have time again creating anything from botom aka scetch level is rather time consuming - and i do not have the greatest patience or consentration over length of time to sit with that stuff

Edited by Liitha

however different or similar, overview or detailed as you want to get into

i just figure if we speak a bit of what lays around the house it shows maybe we dabled in more stuff then what we normally let on...and its something we can also use as a base for finding potential event, class or tutorial materiall over ? 

Yeah I would love to have a good fan brush, unfortunately I don't paint enough to defend the purchase.

No matter I was to say what I have, not what I don't have..

Right now I have a scetching set..some color pencils, although some of my favourite ones dissapared after holliday.. *I has a sad* I should have an acrylic paint set somewhere..and some extra charcoal, fixative ofcourse, and a lightboard, although I am highly light sensitive so it isn't used much.. And I'm mostly out of the good paper too.

Honestly I need re-stocking, but since moving, and both need to think about getting all stuff with me, and it can be sort of difficult economically for a while..I will have to do with what I got for now. ? 

i have a lead holder and a small variety of leads, several different wooden pencils, colored pencils, ink pencils, watercolor pencils, about four different types of erasers, from mechanized to click, to rubber block. an eraser bits bag that i never use.  quite the assortment of copic markers, as well as black micron pens of varying widths. several tradition dip pens with a variety of nibs. some 'dip' pens with the ink in the handle, two or three caligraphy pens. some bamboo shoots shaped to be used as dip pens. two kinds of black ink (waterproof and non-waterproof) white ink that i never use. and some pastels that again, i don't use. some charcoal pencils, some flat charcoal pencils and flat pencils. a white charcoal pencil

paper: 12X18 canson watercolor paper. bout the same size canson multi-media paper. some sketchpads, 11X14 drawing paper. a long canvas i have yet to use. a smaller canson watercolor pad. 

paint wise two types of watercolors, tube and hard cake, quite a few acrylics, a handful of oils. 

technical stuffs: see through grid ruler i use nearly every day, a circle maker, t-square, an A3 scanner (12x17) a wacom tablet for use with photoshop. an ipad for use with affinity designer. affinity publisher on the desktop. a bendy ruler for curves. and a handheld mirror. portable pop-up easel. and a wooden drafting table. oh and a handheld vaccuum for eraser bits

Edited by Cross

Oh yes that reminds me I got my ink pen set with removable ink, a compass, and my drafting table (wich I made myself).

I lost so much in last moving, Like most of my charchoals was just black dust, and my favourite erraser gone..(It was not for erasing, it was for mushing out the charchoal, so don't know if it is called an eraser as such). But like said I can't really justify bying new when I can't draw atm? just hope I will be able to again some day, in the meantime I use gimp on my computer. 

If I may though..

We saw these really cool aquarell pencils at store the other day *drools* 

I could build a respectable craft room that ranges from walls of paint, yarn and journaling supplies. Like.. a lot. *sheepish* I don't have the space to access everything at any given time, so i keep what i use more frequently in a nearby space while most everything else is boxed or sectioned away. 

That said if I sat down and figure out what i have it would take... forever. LOL. 

Maybe ask what medium i have supplies in and i can focus on that? Computer-wise I use Photoshop Cloud, and pixaby.com and pexel.com are my free-stock photo sites when I'm not scamming from pinterest. I'll shamelessly use Pinterest until I need to use something in a way that would generate money. That is what the free-stock is for. ?

@Alcalimo Ehtelion what all do you use?

also my pen

16054712540815091870319808901697.jpg

would this be usable to start learning with if you did a class in the future?

i still got high hopes to one day maybe do scrapbooking again and having caligraphy to add to the arsenal in decorating pages would be so cool

Edited by Liitha

On 11/15/2020 at 9:05 PM, Liitha said:

@Alcalimo Ehtelion what all do you use?

I've a lot of calligraphy pens, about 70. There are nib pens, dip pens, quills, felters, bamboo (some of them made by me), of every size, form 0.5 to 20 mm.

I use every type of ink, too. Calligraphy inks (mostly Winsor & Newton), gouaches, dip pen cartridges  and also some colours made by me starting from row materials.

60968697_2301485259908051_48971882828922me writing with a bamboo

68272063_504718443431847_795359679008997Some nibs