DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Surrounded by idiot's

Lavandula

So I read this book "surrounded by idiot's",  wich sounds pretty hostile I know, but it is totally with a fun intention.

The book is based on the disc test.

Basically it means it is about personality traits, comunicating, and why it becomes so much clutter, when different personalities try to comunicate.  and end up not understanding eachoter, but like said with a fun twist.

Now it is focused on workplaces but you can totally relate to it privately too. When I first started recognizing myself in one of the four colors, I was just like; EXCACTLY, *nods* see this author gets me, I'm not a meeny, I just like facts and  hard work. And it makes perfect sense to me, not answering even though I know the answer if I am not asked?Then I read how others may presieve my traits..oh boy!

Also hearing what other people might think, and why they may act how they do, was very foreign. I had to ask someone "do you really think like this?" and they were like "pretty much yeah" and I'm like "how??? I dont see it?!?! lol.." I feel it was less on how to actually communicate better with other people, than I would have wished for though.. 

It's really a fun read, and ofcourse we cannot put people in four different boxes, and call it a day. It's more complicated than that, and this is just a light take, scraping the surface of personalities. Still it is fun when you start recognizing yourself and others in one or more colors, and I would definetly recomend it.

Edited by Lavandula