DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello, there! Just finished first read of WOT

verinisbrown

Hello everyone!

I finished my first read of WOT couple of days ago and found this website. Very excited to participate on r/WoT and DM as I had been avoiding everything due to spoilers. I've checked a couple of forum posts and even joined a club here. What else do you guys recommend I do? I am kind of feeling this void (even a bit lost) having completed the series haha

Looking forward to getting to know you guys ?

8 minutes ago, verinisbrown said:

Hello everyone!

I finished my first read of WOT couple of days ago and found this website. Very excited to participate on r/WoT and DM as I had been avoiding everything due to spoilers. I've checked a couple of forum posts and even joined a club here. What else do you guys recommend I do? I am kind of feeling this void (even a bit lost) having completed the series haha

Looking forward to getting to know you guys ?

Hi and welcome! I am only on book four and doesn't look forward to the end for that excact reason? what club did you join? I'll go look for you! 

4 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

Hi and welcome! I am only on book four and doesn't look forward to the end for that excact reason? what club did you join? I'll go look for you! 

I am trying to join the "White Tower & Warders" club; Still going through the procedure.

Think Shadow Rising is one of the favorites for a lot of people. What do you think about it so far?

Well then I will become real unpopular. I have problems with motivating myself to keep reading. It's to little loial (wich is my favorite char, and also balance it out a bit for me) even lan and moraine would help.. It's so much drama and whining with the young people.. When it started on all this rand and whining about his responsibilities and the girls and romance..that was just the straw..

I love the world, the story and the journey but this doesn't make sence to me.

These young adults grew up with tons of responsibility and hard work most kids in western countries these days can't even imagine, they had that rough travel took responsibility, and managed to make hard choices. Putting their nose up and stubbornly disagreed with both hardened warders and aes sedais was no problem and now suddenly they turned into the whiney bunch? I don't buy it..I must just motivate myself to read just a little more though, there must be something interesting happening again right around the next corner! ?

What did you think about it? Will it change soon? Please feel free to look around and jump into conversations while you wait for mon and maa! 

Edited by Lavandula

2 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Well then I will become real unpopular. I have problems with motivating myself to keep reading. It's to little loial (wich is my favorite char, and also balance it out a bit for me) even lan and moraine would help..

Haha yes, Robert Jordan does that a lot. I mean, you had the Dragon Reborn missing for most of "The Dragon Reborn" book xd

I like Shadow Rising cause it has great arcs for few of the characters. It seems that you're not that big of a fan of romance in high fantasy (like me) but some of the relationships in WoT give great insight into the foreign cultures. So, I guess you can look forward to that positive point about them. Apart from a couple of parings, start of romances in WoT is quite bad. The relationships however range from great to bad. So, you don't have to worry about everything being bad.

2 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Putting their nose up and stubbornly disagreed with both hardened warders and aes sedais was no problem and now suddenly they turned into the whiney bunch?

The characters do become very mature soon if you are worried about that. Actually, bunch of the characters have some of the most fantastic character growths I've read.

My favorite character changed in Shadow Rising because of some of the arcs. Maybe that'll happen with you as well. It's a pretty good book.

Edited by verinisbrown

Now this do sound promissing!

I don't have a problem with romance in fantasy to make the chars a little more human, but this was just too much..three women fawning over a guy and turning into silly gooses all consumed by him while he is bussy with more important things and just play allong not even sure if he likes a girl or not..It awakens the feminist in me lol.. And the girls desiding who's gonna have "the right" to like him or not like he is a piece of meat not allowed to deside for himself who he likes or not.. It sounds like preteens.. but they are late teens early twenties, and in those harsh times they should be more mature than that in my mind?

I however do feel a lot more lighthearted to read further now thanks!?

On 11/4/2020 at 5:05 PM, verinisbrown said:

What else do you guys recommend I do?

well what are your hobbies?

i know they do some crafting in the kin, they got spam in SG, in entertainment there are movie discusions, music, youtube vlogs, gaming like DnD (we meet up in the DM discord and arrange a group that head off into private chat and voice), the band is into music and some games too (sorry lousy memory so dont remember what it was called)

We got the Arts club, and no you do not need to be an expert, we are just sharing our knowledge and having fun togheter...we run sig auctions, are working on geting tutorials and classes in different things up and going..

oh and in case you didnt find the discord ?

https://discord.gg/KyxnhUV