DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Watch (Discworld)

Delirium

As a Discworld fanatic and of the Watch stories in particular, I have long desired a TV adaption or movie of Guards Guards!.  However, my long-held dream has recently turned into a nightmare after seeing the trailer for the upcoming series "The Watch".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRHCHMGSBQ0

How did Terry Pratchett's' estate approve this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 1:18 AM, Lavandula said:

I have however not read disc world so I don't know how it is supposed to look like.

This is the quintessential image of the Night Watch for me.  Paul Kidby is an amazing artist and I love his Discworld work.  I have several of the artworld of Discworld books.

https://discworld.com/products/artwork/night-watch-canvas/

It is more than the art though. 

The characters have been significantly (I have to say) mutilated.  It is sort of like "In a mirror, Darkly".  Death in particular has been utterly twisted and is the opposite of how he is portrayed throughout the books (other than his early irritation with Rincewind in the first couple of books, while Pratchett was still developing the world)

Edited by Delirium