DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hopes For The Amazon Series

Taishar Hawaii

So I'm diving into AMoL right now in my latest re-read of the series, and found myself thinking that these books were written to be made into a TV series.  The impeccably, and at times excruciatingly, detailed descriptions of the people and places of Randland gives such vivid images as I read.  I can see it in my mind as if it is being acted out.  Just imagine seeing for the first time on TV a Tairen.  With his beard oiled to a point, his puffy sleeves and felt cap.   An Illianer with his beard leaving his upper lip bare, and 'My aged grandmother!  You do be a flaming Tairen!'  A woman from Ebou Dar with her marriage knife hanging in her bosom, her puffy skirts pinned up to show her colorful petticoats.  Each distinct and fleshed out.

It's the moments that I hope they get right:  

--  In book 1 you have Moiraine outside the Winespring Inn telling the story of the fall of Manatheren, Rand at Tarwins Gap and the Eye.

--  Book 2 you have Falme. . . and Ingtar =((. . . the heroes of the Horn and the sky!

--  Book 3 'Stop!'  'I am Rand al'Thor!'  'I am the Dragon Reborn!'  The cries, wailing and weeping!  The gnashing of teeth!

--  Book 4  Rand drives Callandor into the Heart . . . the redstone doorways . . . Cold Rocks Hold 'Rand al'Thor is He Who Comes With The Dawn.'  'And may the Light have mercy on us.'

--  Book 5  Talmanes!  Nalesean!  Mat and the Band vs. the Shaido at Cairhien 

--  Book 6  Dumais Wells . . . I feel like if they do it right, I'll be watching that episode from between my fingers. . . 'They will pay!'  'I am the Lord Of The Morning!'

'Kneel'  'or you will be knelt!'  Gives me shivers every time.

And so many more.  They have some great source material, and if they do it right and stay true to it, this could be Great!  Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

1 hour ago, Taishar Hawaii said:

So I'm diving into AMoL right now in my latest re-read of the series, and found myself thinking that these books were written to be made into a TV series.  The impeccably, and at times excruciatingly, detailed descriptions of the people and places of Randland gives such vivid images as I read.  I can see it in my mind as if it is being acted out.  Just imagine seeing for the first time on TV a Tairen.  With his beard oiled to a point, his puffy sleeves and felt cap.   An Illianer with his beard leaving his upper lip bare, and 'My aged grandmother!  You do be a flaming Tairen!'  A woman from Ebou Dar with her marriage knife hanging in her bosom, her puffy skirts pinned up to show her colorful petticoats.  Each distinct and fleshed out.

It's the moments that I hope they get right:  

--  In book 1 you have Moiraine outside the Winespring Inn telling the story of the fall of Manatheren, Rand at Tarwins Gap and the Eye.

--  Book 2 you have Falme. . . and Ingtar =((. . . the heroes of the Horn and the sky!

--  Book 3 'Stop!'  'I am Rand al'Thor!'  'I am the Dragon Reborn!'  The cries, wailing and weeping!  The gnashing of teeth!

--  Book 4  Rand drives Callandor into the Heart . . . the redstone doorways . . . Cold Rocks Hold 'Rand al'Thor is He Who Comes With The Dawn.'  'And may the Light have mercy on us.'

--  Book 5  Talmanes!  Nalesean!  Mat and the Band vs. the Shaido at Cairhien 

--  Book 6  Dumais Wells . . . I feel like if they do it right, I'll be watching that episode from between my fingers. . . 'They will pay!'  'I am the Lord Of The Morning!'

'Kneel'  'or you will be knelt!'  Gives me shivers every time.

And so many more.  They have some great source material, and if they do it right and stay true to it, this could be Great!  Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

Yep all great moments but i think the big one in B5 is on the docks at Cairhien, thats the WOT Red Wedding moment.

i hope they do a decent job with battles.

in all the movies i've seen, the depiction of warefare has been cringeworthy. there is no strategy, no tactics. no battle formations. if there are battle formations, they are used awfully. hollywood tactics all around.

those books have a really good rendition of military strategy, and they are a key point of characterization for many, including main characters like mat and elayne. i would be really, really disappointed if they bungle those

1 minute ago, Thrasymachus said:

I'm most looking forward to something rather sedate, compared to the epic battles.  Verin's confession.  I hope the actress for her really nails that part, and makes us both suspect her, and come to love and respect her.

For sure this. 
Also Rand in the apple orchard.