DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cuendillar armor?

Can you make cuendillar armor? It seems to me like you should be able to. Egwene's weave for making cuendillar turns iron into cuendillar, so you could just place the weave on metal armor, and have cuendillar armor right? So why didn't Egwene do that? She could have at the very least outfitted Gareth Bryne in it. What do you think? Can armor be made cuendillar? 

• Community Administrator
27 minutes ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Can you make cuendillar armor? It seems to me like you should be able to. Egwene's weave for making cuendillar turns iron into cuendillar, so you could just place the weave on metal armor, and have cuendillar armor right? So why didn't Egwene do that? She could have at the very least outfitted Gareth Bryne in it. What do you think? Can armor be made cuendillar? 

I want to say RJ addressed this at one point, or at least indirectly in regards to Weapons

Anything made out of Iron can be turned into Cuendillar, would almost always be insanely heavy.

Now there could be ways around the weight.

Take "Dragons" as an example. What if they just made a thin tube out of Iron that weight like 5 pounds, and turned it into Cuendillar. If it gained 5 pounds in weight.. it wouldn't even matter.

3 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

I want to say RJ addressed this at one point, or at least indirectly in regards to Weapons

Anything made out of Iron can be turned into Cuendillar, would almost always be insanely heavy.

Now there could be ways around the weight.

Take "Dragons" as an example. What if they just made a thin tube out of Iron that weight like 5 pounds, and turned it into Cuendillar. If it gained 5 pounds in weight.. it wouldn't even matter.

What about the seals on the Dark One's prison though? If I remember right, Moiraine was able to keep at least one in her belt pouch, which to me implied that cuendillar wasn't that heavy. Although, it might matter what it is you're turning to cuendillar. I imagine the harbor chains at Tar Valon were probably pretty heavy. But I don't think that any of the items that the Aes Sedai were making were that heavy because no one would want a cup that they couldn't lift, even if it was made of cuendillar.

And what about cuendillar weapons? Could a cuendillar sword cut? Would it be too heavy to swing?

I think that a cuendillar weapon could cut, and the weight would matter on what kind of weapon you used.

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

What about the seals on the Dark One's prison though? If I remember right, Moiraine was able to keep at least one in her belt pouch, which to me implied that cuendillar wasn't that heavy. Although, it might matter what it is you're turning to cuendillar. I imagine the harbor chains at Tar Valon were probably pretty heavy. But I don't think that any of the items that the Aes Sedai were making were that heavy because no one would want a cup that they couldn't lift, even if it was made of cuendillar.

And what about cuendillar weapons? Could a cuendillar sword cut? Would it be too heavy to swing?

I think that a cuendillar weapon could cut, and the weight would matter on what kind of weapon you used.

The seals were only as big as your hand. A small to medium sized plate. I'd imagine a Plate made out of Iron, wouldn't be more than a few pounds.

I don't know the specifics on Cuendillar, but somethings we know.

If two objects touch, and are turned into Cuendillar, they become one object.

In my minds eye, it's like the OP grows a layer of Ceramic over the Iron, adding to the object, adding more weight. 

It's possible a sword could exist. But depending on what gets added, an edge may not be sharp. But a spiked club would never break.

A bullet would keep its shape, and the heavier weight would be great.

Armor, if made thin enough, and in a smart manner, could both be lighter and more impenetrable. And for the love of all that is good. Don't wear armor while its being turned into Cuendillar!