DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

what inspires you?

Liitha

ok so just that what inspires you to make your art?

for me its looking at pictures or just wanting to dable with and explore filters and effects,

with pictures it can be anything like scenic ones that work well for backgrounds be it from the real world in pics, or fantasymade ones - but also pictures of people or objects can inspire me like just got to make something around said person or object

it can be hollidays coming up or seasons changing

I think i need a reason or a project. For family night, we decided to all draw a topic, then choose which ones we liked the best i.e. draw something with lots of feet. The fun of hanging together, enjoying an activity for the fun of it, gets me to do what i nearly never do, create art ?

I like learning different things.  So, come across a youtube video or a post showing something that someone has done... and I suddenly want to learn how to do it!  So I dabble in wood working, drawing, painting, figurine stuff, carving, photography... the list goes on and on.  Problem is, once I have a decent understanding of how to do it, it is hard for me to put in the hours to truly become great at it.

As for my photography, sometimes it is seeing what other people do.  A lot of jealousy of what they accomplish so I want to do the same.  Sometimes it is just the need to get away.  I love to go to high mountain lakes before dawn and just..... sit there.  It is so calm... so peaceful.... so pretty.  Granted I have to get off my lazy butt and actually try to get some shots as well.  But I just enjoy being there!  The photography part is just gravy.

You have to process those shots afterwards.  I usually am excited to see what I got.  However if nothing looks pretty good straight out of the camera, processing can kind of bum me out.  I know a lot of tricks on how to make things look better, but it is soooooo much work!

21 hours ago, Nargbert said:

I like learning different things.  So, come across a youtube video or a post showing something that someone has done... and I suddenly want to learn how to do it!  So I dabble in wood working, drawing, painting, figurine stuff, carving, photography... the list goes on and on.  Problem is, once I have a decent understanding of how to do it, it is hard for me to put in the hours to truly become great at it.

this so much lolz - i recognize myself so much in this.

so i got a half descent cam ...or at least i imagine so to take photos with myself

• 3 weeks later...

Actually watching classes, and tutorials inspires me. In all other sides of life I am so organized, and focused on details and planning..even crocheting, I may draw my own patterns but I will never take up a crochet hook without a plan. Drawing is the one thing I have no clue how to do I just draw by feeling and sight no plan. Unfortunately I often don't finnish things, because while I draw, the picture start evolving in my head, and then I might not know the teqnique to make a detail just the way I see it before my inner eye. Sometimes an instruction video makes me take out an old drawing and finnish it?

Edited by Lavandula