DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
Cross

Cross' Desk

this is where i'll post things i'm currently working on when i am so inclined. which is not right now, just nailing down the topic

on the desk today, some painting

image.thumb.jpg.c520b856a17b5f030b300480ac55531b.jpg

i think for this thread can treat it a bit like a peek behind the scenes and a i’ll be happy to answer any questions about the work, processes etc if you’re curious

In your first pic there on the left hand side it looks like a brush, but also a pen.  Looks like just water in it.  What is that exactly?  Are you using it to help blend and thin and spread color on the page?

Do you ink with a pen all the hard straight lines in the end?  A lot of the buildings still look penciled in.  

Very neat!  Love the work!  

that's a water brush. basically has a handle full of water that i can dispense as much as needed to paint with. you can also fill them with ink if you want. but i use it for painting watercolor because i dont like having to constantly dip a brush into water. 

i used to ink everything, backgrounds included but have shifted away from it. now the only things i ink are the people. the buildings are very much just penciled in. only use the pencil for guidelines for the paint. 

Sign in to follow this