DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Getting to Know You and All That Jazz

I wanted to play 21 questions to get to know people. I will be posting this in every Ajah, so please respond within your Ajah (it'll help me keep track of who is where). If you are a Warder, I'd like you to respond within the Ajah you think you'd be in if you were AS 🙂. It's up to you how much you answer...long answer, short answer, no answer...it's all good!

1. Why did you choose your Ajah? (If you are a Warder, I'd like to hear why this Ajah, as well as why you chose your path)

2. Where are you from/where do you live?

3. What do you do for a living?

4. Hobbies?

5. Favorite color?

6. Birthday?

7. When was the first time you read WoT?

8. Do you believe in soulmates?

9. What do you like about yourself, physically?

10. What do you like about yourself, character-wise?

11. What is something you think you can work on as a person?

12. If you had all the money you could possible want, what would you do?

13. What lesson(s) have you learned about life?

14. Do you have a creed you live by? (Besides This is the Way 😜)

15. Star Wars or Star Trek?

16. Favorite musical(s), and why?

17. Favorite movie(s), and why?

18. What fictional character(s) do you relate to?

19. Who is your favorite character(s) in WoT?

20. What other book series are you into?

21. Favorite band(s)/song(s), and why?

For those that haven't already seen this:

1. Why did you choose your Ajah? (If you are a Warder, I'd like to hear why this Ajah, as well as why you chose your path) I haven't chosen an Ajah yet.

2. Where are you from/where do you live? Texas, USA

3. What do you do for a living? IT product manager

4. Hobbies? Karaoke, fishing, theatre, reading

5. Favorite color? Blue

6. Birthday? 12/02

7. When was the first time you read WoT? 2005, only got to book 6, and that was in the 10th re-read 😄

8. Do you believe in soulmates? Yes I do. 

9. What do you like about yourself, physically? I like my nose, ears, fingernails, and feet.

10. What do you like about yourself, character-wise? I like that I'm a giving person, confident (mostly), and that I'm a diplomat. 

11. What is something you think you can work on as a person? Being able to set boundaries and tell people no (I'm so much better about this now than I used to be, and I give myself credit for that).

12. If you had all the money you could possible want, what would you do? I'd own a theatre and produce shows.

13. What lesson(s) have you learned about life? You can't make everyone happy, and you can't control how people choose to feel and react to things. All you can do is make the best decisions you can, and live your own best life.

14. Do you have a creed you live by? (Besides This is the Way 😜) I treat others how I want to be treated. But I don't let people walk on me anymore.

15. Star Wars or Star Trek? Both!

16. Favorite musical(s), and why? I could write a novel on this one, but I'll touch base on a few: I love Shrek the Musical, because it's fun, and I love the messages in the show. I also love Wicked because of the music and staging. My dream role is Rosie in Mama Mia, because I'd basically be playing myself 😄.

17. Favorite movie(s), and why? This is another novel, but I'll keep it short. I watch Avatar anytime it's on TV. The story and writing is just so good. I love Dirty Dancing/Grease/Chicago because I love the music and dancing (I'm a dancer and choreographer). Harry Potter, because I love the books, and it's a special thing between me and my mom. Pretty much anything sci-fi/fantasy related because I love dragons, magic, unicorns, mermaids, fairies, swords, space-travel, the future, royalty, etc.

18. What fictional character(s) do you relate to? Elliot from Scrubs is literally me. Hermione from Harry Potter. Sansa Stark from GoT. *Adding in....Elsa is my Disney princess. I've always been Ariel (because I'm a mermaid), but when Elsa came along with the issues she has, I knew I had found my princess.

19. Who is your favorite character(s) in WoT? I love Nynaeve and Egwene, though I'd want to play Graendal if I could.

20. What other book series are you into? Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Dune, Isaac Asmiov's Foundation series, Hunger Games, Martian Chronicles, and the list could go on and on and on....

21. Favorite band(s)/song(s), and why? I'm a big Rush, Muse, Lady Gaga, and Imagine Dragons fan. Hold Your Fire is my favorite Rush album due to the spiritual nature of it. I love pretty much everything all those artists do because the music is fun, performance is great, and for the most part, the writing is good.

1. Why did you choose your Ajah? (If you are a Warder, I'd like to hear why this Ajah, as well as why you chose your path)

I chose the White Ajah because I am a very logical person and when I was a novice I felt more at home here than anywhere else. 

I was born and raised in the Napa Valley, California. I moved with my family to Arizona for a while then to Minnesota where my family was originally from. Currently living in 2 places in MN due to my job being 2 hours from my main home. 

I am a Nurse Practitioner in a rural Cancer Center. 

4. Hobbies?

Reading, cooking/baking, gardening/canning, gaming

5. Favorite color?

Green

6. Birthday?

11/21

I started the series in 2008 and didn't stop until I was all the way through them all!

100%

My eyes

I am a happy person and it takes  a lot to bring me down. 

Tolerance 

Pay off all my debt, my kids debt, my best friends debt, buy them all homes and cars, give to the poor, set up a fund for the homeless and build more shelters, then travel for missions and help the poor in the slums of Africa and other areas around the world.

You can't take it with you, make memories and don't take anything or anyone for granted. Life is too short for bull shit. 

14. Do you have a creed you live by? (Besides This is the Way 😜)

I live by the golden rule. Do unto others and you would have them do unto you. Plus, if I can't say anything nice I don't say anything at all. 

BOTH!

White Christmas, because it reminds of my childhood. 

Harry Potter movies. I could watch them 24/7. 

Inara Serra from Firefly/Serenity. (Not because of her job!) She is a strong female who stands up for those she loves and doesn't back down from a fight, though she is also compassionate and willing to help anyone in time of need. 

Nynaeve

Outlander right now. Sword of Truth, Harry Potter, A Song of Ice and Fire, Stormlight ArchiveChronicles of Narnia, Dark Tower, Shannara, Kushiel's Legacy and more!

Led Zeppelin (band) just makes me feel good! Hotel California (song) reminds me of home. 

• 1 month later...

1. Why did you choose your Ajah? 
I like things to be logically organized and like Rhea I felt at home here too.

I’m from Moscow, Russia and still live here.

Nothing 😝 I’m mainly raising a child right now but I’m a designer actually. I designed buildings’ exteriors and sometimes still do.

5. Favorite color?
Teal

6. Birthday?

12 October

I don’t really remember. Around 1998-1999 year. I started with Lord of Chaos and had no idea there are any other books.

No.

I’d start a business not being afraid to loose everything. I’m such a coward otherwise.

That it’s important to do what you want now, pursue your dreams not waiting for perfect circumstances or for after you do everything you don’t want to do.

Neither

I usually find characters I relate to boring and forget them. Not fair for them I guess.

Nynaeve

Hello @Phaedra!  I'm late to the party, but I'm so glad you stopped in to share this with us!

For your answer of Star Trek or Star Wars, care to share more details?

What's your favorite Star Wars movie?

Which Star Trek captain do you love the most?

I always find it funny that we put those two as rivals when so many of us like them both!

I like to think of myself as logical, but when I was looking at all the Ajah choices (way back in the day), the White Ajah's website (they were all hosted outside Dragonmount at that time) had a list of math equations.  I knew this was the home for me!  

I've stayed, though, because I love the members here!  We tend to lurk, but I know I can count on any one of them if needed!  ❤️ 

Phoenix, Arizona, and I'm living in Gilbert--one of its suburbs--currently.

5th grade math teacher.  ❤️ 

4. Hobbies?

Writing, watching cooking shows, playing video games.

5. Favorite color?

Pink!

6. Birthday?

July 11th (I get a free slushie at 7-11!).

1999.  I've been rereading ever since.

As an atheist, it's hard for me to say yes to questions like this because it implies there is a higher power in charge.  That said, yes, I do believe my spouse is my soulmate!  ❤️ 

I have very pretty hazel eyes.

I am friendly and very determined to do my best.

Patience, especially with 150 5th-grade students.

Buy every single cute outfit I want.

Do what makes you happy.

14. Do you have a creed you live by? (Besides This is the Way 😜)

I recently found this quote and love it: "Smooth seas don't make skillful sailors."

Star Wars.

Currently, Frozen 2.  I can't stop singing those songs!  I love the development of Elsa, how she doubted herself and with only a bit of confidence was able to let of all her ties and turn into the woman she was supposed to be.

Whispers of the Heart, a Japanese anime by Hayao Miyazaki.  It's a sweet love story at its core, but it also features a young girl protagonist who pushes herself to be the best she can be.  She's determined to complete a task (writing a novel), and she doesn't give up.  I love the example she sets.

Definitely, Elsa. I also wish I had magical ice powers....  Nynaeve, of course!  I can relate to most because I'm an empath.

Nynaeve!  Her growth throughout the series is phenomenal!  And if I could marry any fictional character, it would be Lan--or Marshal from Animal Crossing.

I've read most by Brandon Sanderson, and Rhythm of War (the 4th in the Stormlight Archive) comes out later this month.  Other than that, I haven't ready anything lately!  😢 

I like Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers because they have a wide range of song themes and sounds.  I love Coheed and Cambria because they're heavy metal but their songs tell a sci-fi story.  I like Jimmy Eat World because a lot of their songs are about internal struggle (and overcoming it).

On 11/6/2020 at 6:20 PM, kukasö said:

. What do you do for a living?

Nothing 😝 I’m mainly raising a child right now but I’m a designer actually. I designed buildings’ exteriors and sometimes still do.

How did I not know this before @kukasö ? Are there any pictures of your designs? I’d love to see!

On 11/9/2020 at 6:27 AM, Rhea said:

How did I not know this before @kukasö ? Are there any pictures of your designs? I’d love to see!

Have I never told before? 🙂

Something like this.

The second and third is before/after. It’s what people usually bring me and I redesign the facade.

Sometimes it’s like the first picture where I designed the facade after it was built in brick.

03C66005-8B06-4891-AA73-9C7329B0B03D.jpeg

8603182F-4AFD-4E79-8D19-0350EDDF8C3A.jpeg

478F6A2B-FE95-4A12-9FC5-33B4681B08F3.jpeg

And that’s what  the house looked like when they finished it. (they asked to change the garage door to living room window later)

2C62919A-F369-4364-AE47-EE096BDF849C.thumb.jpeg.de1436cf5f621f41e70b14936cd5ae53.jpeg

Edited by kukasö

Oh they are gorgeous @kukasö!

On 11/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, Mashiara Sedai said:

Hello @Phaedra!  I'm late to the party, but I'm so glad you stopped in to share this with us!

For your answer of Star Trek or Star Wars, care to share more details?

What's your favorite Star Wars movie?

Which Star Trek captain do you love the most?

I always find it funny that we put those two as rivals when so many of us like them both!

Totally agree...I think it's hilarious the two fandoms are rivals. I like them both for different reasons.

I have two favorite Star Wars movies...Return of the Jedi and Rogue One. But Mandalorian is my favorite out of everything Star Wars related.

My favorite Star Trek captain is Jean-Luc 😍.

Edited by Phaedra