DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Apparently we're having earthquakes now it's 2020

Elgee

?

Yeah seriously. We've had our first earthquakes here in the Western Cape since the 6.3 one in Tulbagh from 1969 (109km / 68 miles from us). It was only a small 2.5 one last night and another 2.7 one this morning. They were quite close to us (both less than 50km / 31 miles) from us near Malmesbury (see map below) and Durbanville (nearer to us), but we're not used to this so didn't know what was happening! Thought the Nuclear Power Station had blown.

The thing that scares us, is that we're right on top of the Milnerton fault line (see below), which had a 6.5 in 1809.  We're about 1.2km East of Milnerton, just over the road marked 7 which goes north to Malmesbury.

Oh and just to make things interesting, our government built a Nuclear Power Station (Koeberg) right on top of the faultline.

https://koebergalert.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/cpt20-50.jpg

well you got me to scrunch my face and go 'what?' i know what its like to live on a faultline, we have tons, and one that runs through Long Beach, but knowing where they are, why in the HECK would you put a nuclear plant there?!