DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Duuuuuuuuune!

Krakalakachkn

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator
7 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

This is probably a long shot but I just finished the book - anyone want to discuss the movie, guess the arcs, etc?

It's been ages since I've read the books. (2012-13?)

But I'm up for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go see it when you can. See it if you have read the book, or have not, or like or dislike the Lunch film. Go see it. Be prepared, don't drink too much (dont expect a toilet break).

It is a part one. I think it is great, on its own, but I need, NEED!, the second part to be made. So this needs to be a success. You need this to be a success.

It's very good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 1:16 PM, SinisterDeath said:

I saw it a few days after it came out (YAY HBOMAX!).

I thought it was good. I want to say it could have been better... but I guess that could change depending on...

Hide contents

How good Part 2 is.

Ok so I think I'm the only one really disappointed in it.  One friend felt the same way but he fell asleep halfway through sooooo it doesn't count.  Pretty disappointed though :/

• Community Administrator
8 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Ok so I think I'm the only one really disappointed in it.  One friend felt the same way but he fell asleep halfway through sooooo it doesn't count.  Pretty disappointed though ?

Perfectly understandable. I kind of need

Spoiler

finished product

before I can really say if I liked it or not. ? 

That's what a lot of people keep saying, it was all a setup for the big movie two catharsis.  Cool, I get that, but my qualms we're about different things.

[spoilers]

Spoiler

The music was obnoxious and completely took me out of the movie.  My friend kept asking why I was laughing.

I don't need to see 20 slow motion close ups of Zendayas face

And they did a poor job of setting the scene, introducing characters, and getting to the meat of why Dune is so beloved.  It's not just the action scenes but the economic social political depth.

I suppose those were my three biggest takeaways.  Probably still go see the second one, just wish they hadn't shows the worm riding yet

[/spoilers]

Edited by Krakalakachkn