DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do you want from me? Asks the WT/W ...

Elgee

So we as the White Tower & Warders would like to know how best we can attract, retain and serve our members. To that end, we have a few questions (and might have some more coming). Please help us by answering any or all of them as honestly and constructively as you can.

• What makes you post?
  • What prevents you from going into areas that aren't strictly "yours", like maybe other Ajahs' boards?
  • Would you like to participate in events?
  • What kind of event would you like to participate in?
  • Where do  you think events should be advertised?

(Ooh) Once upon a time
I didn't give a damn
But now here we are
So what do you want from me
What do you want from me
Just don't give up
I'm workin' it out
Please don't give in
I won't let you down
It messed me up, need a second to breathe
Just keep coming around
Hey, what do you want from me
What do you want from me
Yeah, it's plain to see
that baby you're beautiful
And there's nothing wrong with you
It's me ' I'm a freak
but thanks for lovin' me
'Cause you're doing it perfectly
There might have been a time
When I would let you step away
I wouldn't even try but I think
you could save my life

2 hours ago, Elgee said:
  • What makes you post?

Boredom, loneliness and the fear of wtw dying. Meaning sometimes cause I want to and see something that interests me, but a lot of times to keep up activity (aka  posting on things that doesn't nessesarily interests me that much, cause nothing worth having, comes for free)

• What prevents you from going into areas that aren't strictly "yours", like maybe other Ajahs' boards?

As a warder it's my instinct to help all with activity, but last week I got a friendly reminder my body does not agree on my energy usage, so I had to set some limits for myself. It may sound harsh and I do apologize for that, but I still feel it's fair. I desided I will help everyone that helps themselves, first. ?

yes (right now we're planning an event in Me'areath for last week of september everyone are more than?

any? I've basically been involved in all events since I got here, but if activitylevel increased I would probably have to choose, so mainly things that interests me like cooking, working out, biology, fantasy, games etc..

well it would definitely be good if they have a place where everyone knew where to look for them, as to where that would be I leave up to the ones with more experience. just advertise it well and it should be fine anywhere, right? 

• What makes you post? I enjoy getting to know people, and talk about common/differing interests. I learn new things, and I have fun fan-girling with like-minded individuals.
  • What prevents you from going into areas that aren't strictly "yours", like maybe other Ajahs' boards? Absolutely nothing. And even when I become a full sister, it'll still be nothing.
  • Would you like to participate in events? Of course!
  • What kind of event would you like to participate in? Doesn't matter to me. I like participating and organizing fun things for people to do. 
  • Where do  you think events should be advertised? If the event is open to everyone in the forum, having a centralized place for events would make it easy to see all the goings-on, regardless of the group one is in. I also think it's important for each group to do their own special things for team/group bonding purposes that isn't necessarily open to the public. Those types of events should remain private and with their own groups. Now, in the case of events that have multiple groups participating, but isn't open to the public (such as an Ajah wants to do something with the Warders, but wants to keep it amongst themselves)...that's where it gets tricky, and will require some thought.
Edited by Phaedra

• Club Leader

I love visiting the other Ajahs and the Warders! With my limited time, I tend to be a reactive poster. I post on topics where there has been recent activity if they interest me or look fun. I dearly wish I had more DM time. As you probably know, I love it here!

I would like to see a central place for events, like the Tar Valon board we had on the forums. 

What makes you post?

Often just having something worth saying or sharing. I have grown out of my 'spam' stage and the usual suspects aren't really around anymore.

What prevents you from going into areas that aren't strictly "yours", like maybe other Ajahs' boards?

Habit? I think for years going into other spaces felt more like 'raids' or for bondmates. I think my history in general is to avoid places I don't feel wanted or welcome. It likely doesn't apply anymore, but old habits die hard.

Would you like to participate in events?

I think games are great. I think challenges are fun. I am just not very good at being consistent with them when I login only once a day-ish.

What kind of event would you like to participate in?

Um... 

Where do you think events should be advertised?

I think "Hall of the Tower" is good for a single post that links all the event threads. I do feel that something should be shared on the general forums outside the club to bring in new people.

Other Thoughts?

I do feel that the Clubs are at their worst influx of members due to a lack of visible activity on the main forums. I feel that a "Common Room" that is specific for Community Clubs would be a big help. 

What makes you post?

The title of the thread, that immediately attracts my attention ?

What prevents you from going into areas that aren't strictly "yours", like maybe other Ajahs' boards?

Habit and the fear I won't manage to keep track of the places where I post. Sometimes I feel like a godlfish, I tend to forget the convo I have been in ... and I think that extremely impolite.

Would you like to participate in events?

Sure ! but I like to host - or help the hosts as well.

What kind of event would you like to participate in?

I really like games, especially when there's a price to win. I like the ones that include a lil bit of RP as well.

Where do you think events should be advertised?

I would say general / main board. It's the first one I share every day.

Other Thoughts?

It would be nice to advertise about DM on other channels, Instagram, facebook, and such... to get more members or to nicely pressure <3 the older members to come back XD

• 3 weeks later...
  • What makes you post?
    Depends on my headspace, everyting from interest in the topic, having something to share, boredom, dutyfully trying to help activety when i got energy for it, needing something to pass time with when energetic but not having something in RL to take it out on ? 
  • What prevents you from going into areas that aren't strictly "yours", like maybe other Ajahs' boards?
    Nothing really, I actually enjoy runing around the subboards, with the overview and unread buttons i also started catching onto treads in the shared spaces sometimes too (boards i wouldnt prioritize in the past really).
    um yes i am and help set them up too, i like things to do within my personal interest and skill areas, i try to post to the sosial treads too but unless i am particullary responsible or something specific discussed catch my eye...i tend to drift out of those after a while
    variety of stuff pending mood and headspace, i like easy to solve games and problemsolving, not so much a fan of quizes but has at times to help out partisipated in those too if i got the energy
    signatures *nods* the more the merrier, as many post across the boards - so it spreads it too all the corners they participate in...always do that when i got time and energy

On 10/12/2020 at 8:18 PM, Liitha said:

Where do  you think events should be advertised?
signatures *nods* the more the merrier, as many post across the boards - so it spreads it too all the corners they participate in...always do that when i got time and energy

I completely forgot about that option too!

Though some people have signatures turned off so won't see it. What board/s do you think would be best to advertise on?

i would say somewhere on the forums if we are allowed - to draw in new numbers

it havent seemed to me that the new initates have any issues being all over our boards, and some of the older members are too, for those who arent i presume its because they have limited online time so they focus their time on their group...and no number of advertising is going to help lack of time

so geting it out there outside of this group...btw did you know that the social clubs on DM had a own twitter account? https://twitter.com/DragonmountSoc

its not been used for a few years but we do...we should totally request access to it, i saw several ajah posts there about events and other groups too...great idea that we should really revive i think

how do we get access there though *looks at her first set of suspected candidates @Barmacral and @Verbal32*

i can totally see spreading cuend'eren activeties there and soon art guild ones too, it would potentially drag new members to DM and the clubs the way i see it if people like what they see

Edited by Liitha

• What makes you post?

I am currently reading the WOT series for the first time. So while I am making my way through I want to share my experiences as a reader. I would love to hear about others experiences, especially others who are on a first read through. 

• What prevents you from going into areas that aren't strictly "yours", like maybe other Ajahs' boards?

Since I am going through my read I am leery of wondering into areas that might have me accidently in to spoilers. I may be perfectly safe going into areas unknown to me, but I take it slow ☺

I'm open to it.

I'm too new to know:-)

Yes

22 minutes ago, Grachus said:
  •  

I'm too new to know:-)

•  

Ok examples of events in the last months since spring is

Ren'shai (warders disc) had nightmare week where we basically do interaction and games in a historic type seting and such so medival type stuff and such

Blue ajahs had two over summer first they had pride month and then Harry Potter week

Me'Areath (another warders disc) just hosted a Holmes event discussing and having games based on the Sherlock and Enola Holmes universe

Green Ajah is i thing going to have a Halloween themed event, and Gray ajah always does a Thanks Giving event so those are coming up

so basically event is when a group (or more of the subgroups sometimes group togheter) host several activeties based on a joint theme for a week to a months time