DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Phaedra

Bonding Insights

I loved the thread How did You meet & Choose a warder? started by @Maera. It really gives insight into the bonds you all chose to create with others in DM. I wanted to expand that and talk more about the role of Warders and bonding in a platform like this. I noticed for some, it wound up being romantic, while others it seems to be close-knit friendships forged within DM.

From a book perspective, I consider myself a scandalous Blue, as I strongly share the same sentiments toward men that Greens do in the book. If I were single, I would absolutely have more than one Warder, even for a Blue. But in this forum, it's different, and I'm interested in your thoughts on this topic. I don't know where I'll end up in DM, and though I don't have stress or pressure to bond, I am fascinated with how you all handle the subject in this space. Regardless of the reasons, I get that bonding is a special thing between people here, which I think is awesome 🥰.

You would love Maera too, hope she's coming back soon🤗

Interesting thread phaedra! I can only speak for myself, and although I've been here just about a year I already tought this true. I do not see it as highly likely I will bond anyone.

I take the bonding very seriously, and although I'm mostly a glass half full girl, I'm also a realist (sometimes..when I so chooses to be lol), so in all honnesty I do not see with today's activity levels I would come to know, and feel close enough with anyone to bond them.

You got a preoption of promised...someone who is promised is someone intending to bond...but choosing to wait...

It stems from the days rp and org was one I assume, as IC in RP only full AS and warders after a set lvl can bond, but accepted/trainees could be promised to bond once they achived nesicary rank/skill

These days after so many years on DM if I ran into someone the connection was there for something, I  think I would want to go that route, spend time to make sure we were both sure too...

My very first bond was with my sister. She's not actually my blood sister, more like BFFs, but we have called one another sisters for over 20 years. She's the one who introduced me to DM. While I was an aspie (and things were very different then) I flirted a LOT with another aspie and nobody was surprised when I asked him to be my Warder. He's married, and there was nothing between us except the flirting and friendship. He's been long gone from DM. 

There were a few bonds with close friends, most of whom aren't around anymore. One of those close friends was originally a Souvra bond (brother/sister or sister/sister or brother/brother) but is now an AS/Warder bond. He's not around much anymore, either. 

It saddens me to not have my friends here to play. And I really miss having an active Warder. But I am one two count my blessings and two of my biggest blessings are Ryrin and Dar'Jen. 

Thank you for sharing, Lily. I’m happy to know you, and look forward to getting to know others around here. Though activity is light right now, I feel lucky as an aspie because I get quality time with all of you that have been around awhile. I get the benefit of attention and wisdom, whereas if DM were inundated with newbies I might get lost in the woods (not really because it’s not my personality, but you get the idea 😄). 

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.”

DM (and WoT for that matter) is coming into a new age, and I’m fortunate the legends are still here to usher in this new age. Cheers to you, Lily, and all of you legends.

Edited by Phaedra

On 9/16/2020 at 9:42 PM, Liitha said:

You got a preoption of promised...someone who is promised is someone intending to bond...but choosing to wait...

Just to clear up: we don't have that here at the Social side.

Yeah that wouldn't matter to me anyway promise is a promise..I am a little curious as to why (as far as I understood it) only full aes sedais are able to bond but warders can when they are manshima wich is the equal of accepted?

58 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

Yeah that wouldn't matter to me anyway promise is a promise..I am a little curious as to why (as far as I understood it) only full aes sedais are able to bond but warders can when they are manshima wich is the equal of accepted?

Can't remember now ... does it say so in the Bonding 101 pinned topic?

1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

Where is that?

... probably at the Hall? 🤨

The Bonding rules are here, in the "WT/Warders 101" thread in the White Tower Public Forum.

However, the link points to the WT Staff club, which is not open to all, so we may have to fix that. An artifact of the WT Re-org last year, I believe.

Actually, the links in the upper-most post point to the WT Staff Club, but readers can scroll down and read copies of the original posts. Thus, only the links need to be fixed, I believe.

The relevant section for the current discussion:

• Only Accepted (with AS supervision) and Aes Sedai may Channel at the White Tower, therefore only Accepted and Aes Sedai can Bond anyone at the White Tower.
  • Only Guild members may be Bonded as Warders, and then only from the rank of Manshima upwards..
  • To make it clear: Initiates, Novices, and Algai may not Bond or be Bonded, or even THINK of "promising" to Bond or be Bonded. You need to be an active member (ie have access to the private boards) to Bond and/or be Bonded.

Edited by JamesBrown