DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game/discussion]: Love and hate

Niniel

I saw this somewhere else and thought that it would be fun to try it here. You write the titles of two books - one that you like and one that you dislike. The rest of us can then guess which one you like or don't like. It might lead to a discussion about those books as well. You don't need to wait for someone else to guess before you write a post of your own. Of course there will be points for everyone playing.

I'll start:

American Gods - Neil Gaiman

Stardust - Neil Gaiman

Edited by Niniel

Correct. It's more about like/not like because I have no strong feelings for them but I couldn't understand all of the positive reviews for Stardust. 

Hm... I haven't read any of them so I will just guess that you like The Ocean at the End of the Lane and hate The 5th Season.

Like Dune, hate Ender's Game?

And The Ocean at the End of the Lane is a weird book that's all flashback. A guy is going back to his childhood home, and stops by the house of one of his friends where he remembers the things that happened there, but immediately forget them again when he leaves.

Hm... sounds kind of weird but also interesting. 

Actually, the other way around. I don’t love Ender’s game but I liked most of the story. 

I could not get into Dune. I have tried twice but I just can’t. Maybe I will watch the new movie instead. 

• 4 weeks later...