DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

yeah never read nor saw harry potter, so peeves was lost on me.

and i see what you do lava. i just let you get away with it if it doesn’t involve my stuff. ? 

now 

giphy.gif

design me an office that won’t blind me

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Cross said:

*flows everything but lava's banana and the chocolate fountain out of the office (points for GMM)*

Even Baby Yoda?! Well that's sad. 

hey ah phaedra, let me show you my banana hee...heehee?

4t9Lgtdl.gif

I’m an overachiever, and manage my time well, so I find ways to have fun with extra curricular activities while keeping up with my duties ?. @Cairos is an awesome mentor, and @Lavandula certainly knows how to help a novice get acclimated to her new home ❤️.

Absolutely. I’m refraining a bit from the Ajahs because I know my next assignments will be spent with them, so I’m saving up my participation, if you will, so I can maximize my time with them. I’m also looking forward to how I can help out around the tower, be it out front or behind the scenes...but I think that’s something for when I’m Accepted....which seems so far away.

I have an idea, which, I think I’ll bring to your attention when it’s time for me to be more involved, so stay tuned ?.

I have a lot of energy, and love to participate, so we shall see where my path takes me!

Cross: No no not lava no... It's just that they all went on very important business fighting the dark one, and so, I guess that means mistress keeper aes sedai sir, you're sort of left in charge of us?

Phaedra: extra curricular *snorts* I like you're style? Yeah mentors are a special breed lol. they are made of awsomeness, sprinkled with naughtyness?

Awww...thanks☺ I can't wait to see where you'll end up❤

ah yup, the time with the ajahs is probably the most important in the process. done right, well with the right mindset, it really forces you to narrow down who you are and who you want to be. it can be tempting to run through them to get raised, but it doesn't look like you're that type. 

i look forward to hearing your ideas, we need those around here. preferably ideas that don't involve glitter or pastel-ifying my office, @Lavandula *stern stare

lava, why do you think you're staying in my office? someone needs to keep an eye on you, missy

In Lava’s defense, I, too, love all the colors and glitters, and your office could use a little shiny ?.

Agreed: finding the right place is important to happiness, which leads to productiveness.

44 minutes ago, Cross said:

i have a banana and a lava, how much more shiny can one person stand every day?

Touché ?.

So, @Cross: Tell me something about you...besides the fact you have a banana. 

Edited by Phaedra

oh gosh, well the short version is it felt like home. the long version is, basically when i first got here i was straight out of a roughly nine year stint of sexual harassment, just reported it, was trying to sort myself out. so when it came to choose an ajah it came down to either brown or green. 

the part of me that wanted to go green was still raging at injustice, and the urge to fight and protect myself. which are still there, sure, but the more i thought about it, the more i knew that wasn't who i wanted to BE. which is the question i think choosing an ajah comes down to. who you want to be. 

while i needed the fight, to vent, it's not the person my heart wanted to develop into.  the brown though, was. it represented the best form of me. the Cross i wanted to embrace. constantly learning, studying and developing into those pursuits. focusing my attention on knowledge, on tracks that were about my growth, about my passions, not my anger. not my past. that's what brown was, and is. 

plus it really suited my personality. kindred introverts, the right atmosphere. 

Thank you. Very insightful, particularly about who you are growing into, and basing your decision on that. I feel many tend to be stuck on what was/has been, and they try to hold on to that. It's ok to change your mind, or even your beliefs...because as we live through life, we learn and see things we never thought we would, and those experiences do change us. Not fundamentally, because you're inherent nature stays with you, but perceptions and understanding deepen, which affect thought processes. If people were more comfortable with thinking that it's ok to change, and not feel guilty about it, can you imagine what society and the world would be like? 

yes i can and thats one of the reasons i mourn our current rendition of this world. there are bright spots of course, but by and large people have enslaved themselves in the past and entrenched themselves in the fallacies that come along with miring in the mud of ‘what was’. 

not just the lack of wanting to evolve mentally and emotionally, but the lack of empathy and desire do to better as a society for the generations to come. how can we as a people, hope to elad, hope to grow if we aren’t forward thinking?