DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mashiara Sedai

August Discussion: Terms of Endearment

This is a topic I find hilarious--though many might think it annoying.  I am the biggest fan of terms of endearment.  I call my husband, my dogs, my sister, and many of my friends by silly, affectionate words.  

Sometimes it's just a nickname based on their real name.  Like my husband's name is Jeremy and I'll call him Jem.  Or my doggos are Friday and Mr. Smith, which turns into Friday Fritters and Smitter Mitter.  *collect groan from the readers*

Yes, I'm afraid to admit my terms of endearment get even worse than the above examples.  Jeremy may also be called "hunny bunny pop" sometimes.

So, let's hear the worst you have.  Share the terms of endearment you use on your friends and family members!

My babies were nicknamed:

Brittan was Boo (not too weird)

Kenny was KaBoo

Bobby was Bobo

Jennie was Jennieboo

But the weirdest I've gotten was our dog Blackjack (RIP). His nickname was a combo of his name and puppy. I called him Buppy.

i don't really tend to that much now that i think about it. my sister is ALWAYS 'sis' like i never ever say her name, my whole life its been that way. my dog's name is maple, sometimes it's shortened to 'mapes' or sweetie. other than that i'm a stereotypical southern californian and everyone's 'dude'

My one sister had a siamese cat which was called Bast (after the Egyptian cat god), but we all resorted to calling it Poephol. That's Afrikaans for A-hole 😛

It morphed into Polletjies after the Dominee came to do house visit one day. Dominee being the Preacher.

On 8/7/2020 at 8:10 AM, Elgee said:

My one sister had a siamese cat which was called Bast (after the Egyptian cat god), but we all resorted to calling it Poephol. That's Afrikaans for A-hole 😛

It morphed into Polletjies after the Dominee came to do house visit one day. Dominee being the Preacher.

That's priceless!

I love terms of endearment, though I don't have any embarrassing ones. I use babe, dear, son, sister, love, sweetie pie, sweetness, sh*tty kitty (for my cat's attitude), amor, amigo/amiga, precious...the list goes on ❤️. And I love when people use endearments for me.