DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cairos

Phaedra WT/DM Class

Welcome to the WT! My name is Cairos Sedai and I'm a gray brother of the gray ajah. A little about me is.....I'm currently an ER nurse in a small hospital in the Bay Area Cali. It is a hit or miss during the Covid outbreak. I'm also an EMT and work on the 911 unit in the Bay Area. I'm excited to start this journey with you and to help you find your path and journey. 

Tell me about yourself before we start the class. 

I'm an IT product manager (remote access and assistive technology are my products) for Citi, and I'm located in San Antonio, TX. I spent about 8 or 9 years in the Bay Area myself in the Fairfield/Vacaville area (I was stationed at Travis AFB a couple of years). As a matter of fact, it was an old friend from the area that introduced me to WoT back in 2004. I'm originally from Alabama (Roll Tide), and am into theatre, karaoke, anything pop culture and fantasy related, and fishing/outdoors. I enjoy trying new things, and have a strong desire to learn anything and everything. 

So here is the first part of the class! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Feel free to go back and edit your post as you find your answers. Also there’s no time limit here, so take as much time as you need.

Part One: The White Tower

1)What are members of the WT/Warders expected to do?
2)What is the Code of Conduct, and how does it apply to you?
3)What in the heck does PG13 mean?
4)What is Thread-Hijacking and Spam, and what is the general policy of the WT/Warders regarding that?

if you have any problems, issues, concerns or anything don’t be afraid to ask. I promise that I don’t bite! 

Part 1:

1)What are members of the WT/Warders expected to do?

First and foremost, respect each other. Being that DM is global, there is a diversity of people, all holding different languages, beliefs, cultures, etc, not to mention, even within the same area, people have different opinions, interests, and ways about them. Respecting these differences goes a long way in a harmonious community. We are also expected to keep role playing to a minimum, since there is another forum for that, as well as the only people who get to channel are Accepted and Aes Sedai. Basically, we are expected to be the best of ourselves, and to follow the clearly-defined guidelines set before us.

2)What is the Code of Conduct, and how does it apply to you?

The CoC is a guideline for what is and is not acceptable in the forum. It sets expectations for those who wish to participate in the group. It defines rules, violations, and other criteria in order to maintain a sense of community that can be enjoyed by the majority of people. This code applies to me because I am interested in participating in the group, and in order to do so, I am bound to follow what has been laid out for all of us to follow.  We all have different ways of having fun and participating, but what we have in common is no one wants to put up with jackholes or inappropriateness, and The Code helps protect against that.

3)What in the heck does PG13 mean?

Pretty much keep content/behavior/language to where it is appropriate for a 13-year-old.

4)What is Thread-Hijacking and Spam, and what is the general policy of the WT/Warders regarding that?

Hijacking is the act of going off topic and derailing the intent of the thread with a different topic altogether, or having your own personal discussion within a topic. Spam is posting the same stuff over and over, posting in places where one shouldn’t, or making unnecessary multiple posts (much like how my mom texts me…instead of sending everything in one message, she’ll hit enter after every sentence. EVERY SENTENCE. But I digress). The general policy is: Don’t do it. Be courteous. Have good etiquette.

Great job with part 1.

As Members of The White Tower, we are to serve. Part of the adventure is learning where we will serve, and it what capacity. When you are ready, feel free to move forward to the next assignment.

Part Two: The Subgroups

So what we normally recommend is that you start a post in your class thread and go back and edit it over time, and that the format is as follows:

[Ajah/Guild]
--[Who is in charge]
--[general focus if there is one]
--[relevant post #1]
--[relevant post #2]

Rinse and repeat for at least five of the seven each Ajahs and Warders Guild.

By "relevant post", do you mean any pinned posts that lay out what the Ajah/Guild is about? I was checking out some of them yesterday and noticed some do have those pinned posts, and others do not. If not that, what would be an example of a "relevant post"? Thanks!

Edited by Phaedra

For example: for the gray ajah....some of the relevant post would be the Grayt Field Trip or Today I thread. These are threads that correlate with the Ajah's focus.

For the Grays, we are about food, volunteering, crafting, and gardening. 

Gotcha! Thanks!

On 8/3/2020 at 10:48 PM, Cairos said:

I promise that I don’t bite! 

Well that's a shame!

LOL! Don't worry i have a red streak in me. The reds in the WT here like to snugglebite. I'm bonded to 2 of reds. 

Edited by Cairos