DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of time Cake

Guest Brandy

Guest Brandy

Thought you all might enjoy this amazing cake!  The quotes are perfect. I get goosebumps every time I watch. 

Edited by SinisterDeath
fixed link

• Community Administrator
23 minutes ago, Thrasymachus said:

I opened it.  It's just a YouTube video of a pretty impressive cake decorated in a Wheel of Time theme.

The oddness of the URL is because it's one of those shortened versions, usually used on Twitter to mitigate their character limits.

Youtube actually auto-shortens it that way when you click on "share".

It is interesting DM didn't do it's normal url thing with the link.... I'll see if I can fix that.

Don't you have to highlight the text and click the little chain icon in the editor to make something an actual link?  That's probably better than some sort of auto-detect thing that turns text into a link whenever somebody fat-fingers a period in their text on accident.

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Thrasymachus said:

Don't you have to highlight the text and click the little chain icon in the editor to make something an actual link?  That's probably better than some sort of auto-detect thing that turns text into a link whenever somebody fat-fingers a period in their text on accident.

Nope, on DM, when you copypaste a youtube link, it automatically recognizes the format, and injects the video directly into the post like it is above.
What is bizarre to me, is it didn't do that for the OP, nor made a hyperlink which should have happened (as it was the right format) if for some reason the video can't be injected into the post.