DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Netflix's Dark (Spoilers)

Phaedra

Has anyone watched Dark on Netflix? Oh holy cow...it's A LOT to process. It's definitely a show that needs multiple re-watches. There is so much that is GOOD about the show, from the concept, to the writing, acting, set and costume design...it's all intentional and well thought out. I'd love to hear ya'lls thoughts on the show.

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Phaedra said:

Has anyone watched Dark on Netflix? Oh holy cow...it's A LOT to process. It's definitely a show that needs multiple re-watches. There is so much that is GOOD about the show, from the concept, to the writing, acting, set and costume design...it's all intentional and well thought out. I'd love to hear ya'lls thoughts on the show.

I have not yet. May when I pick up netflix again in a few months.

Is it possible you could post a spoiler-free description of what the shows about?

On 7/28/2020 at 3:36 PM, SinisterDeath said:

I have not yet. May when I pick up netflix again in a few months.

Is it possible you could post a spoiler-free description of what the shows about?

Oh sure! It's three seasons of twisty-turvy time-travel that will boggle the mind. It's very well thought out, and sticks to the rules of time travel it lays out. It follows several different families in a little town in Germany, and how they are connected. The show is in German, and is dubbed. It doesn't take but an episode or two to forget it's dubbed. It's not for kids, due to some mature content. It's a great mystery, and does a good job of answering questions and posing more questions as it moves along.

Edited by Phaedra
Added more description.

On 7/31/2020 at 3:18 PM, Liitha said:

How about a less spoiler free description in spoil brackets...cause not quite sure I am grasping the consept 

Dumb question first: how do I do the spoiler brackets?

Ah, ok thanks!  This is going to be kinda difficult because I don't want to give too much away, as the show is full of interesting revelations. But here goes!

This show is about cycles of time, so as a WoT fan you'll appreciate that. There are four families whose lives are connected through these cycles, which happen every 33 years. The time travel aspect involves a wormhole, and the mystery begins with the disappearance of a teenager. The series covers times beginning in the late 1800s through 2053, which certain characters traverse between in order to solve the bigger mysteries of the town and their families. 

I don't want to say too much more, because how these families are tied together, as well as how the whole thing started, is interesting and crazy. This is a show that you need to watch without distraction, because if you miss one thing, you'll wind up confused. It's also a show that you'll watch again. I know my second time through, things made more sense, and I was able to appreciate the production side of the show more (writing, acting, settings, costuming, etc). It really is a great piece of work!

• 3 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 9:20 PM, Phaedra said:

I have actually snooped on it, on several occasions, but like title suggest it is kinda dark, and since the last year have been kinda dark I try only watching light things haha.. I watch dark things when it's going good lol

Is it based on true story?

Edited by Lavandula