DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[HBO] I'll be gone in the dark

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

I've been watching this show, based on Michelle McNamara's novel, I'll be gone in the dark. Loving it so far!

For those unfamiliar, Michelle McNamara had been researching the Golden State Killer, all his victims for around a Decade.

She died 2016, after an accidental overdose, leaving behind her Husband Patton Oswalt (yes the comedian) and a daughter.

Literally 3 days after her death, they caught the murderer.

After her Death, Patton Oswalt continued and got her book published 2 years after her death. It debuted at the #1 spot on the New York Times Best seller list.

The whole thing is a fascinating story.
ow McNamara & Oswalt got married, how her research & obsession with murders impacted his comedy. 

I'll Be Gone in the Dark (TV Mini-Series 2020– ) - IMDb

1 hour ago, 2RiversFan said:

I gave up HBO after GoT ended (would have been happier if I'd given it up before the final season).

This does sound interesting though.  I'll have to wait until Netflix or another streamer picks it up.

That may not happen, or be anytime soon.

HBO now has it's own streaming platform called HBOMax, adding yet another contender to the streaming wars.
Personally, I'm starting to do rolling subscriptions, subbing HBO for a month, then Netlfix, etc.

15 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

If you still have hbo I just watched the 6-part Plot Against America and really enjoyed it

Interesting. I'll have to take a peak at it!

Sounds like it's HBO's version of the Man in the Highcastle, only it's drawing a direct correlation to modern day events. :wink:

On 7/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, SinisterDeath said:

Sounds like it's HBO's version of the Man in the Highcastle, only it's drawing a direct correlation to modern day events. :wink:

Basically my take as well, but far better and more mature than MitHC which I had to give up after episode 2 or 3 bc it was so poorly executed.