DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Proces of Elimination? Verin casting

Tenesmus

We've gotten reliable news that Keira Chansa will be portraying a young Siuan, so that would mean Maria Kennedy could not be playing the older version of Siuan.  Pretty sure that leaves her as Verin, or maybe Elaida, but Verin is more important in Book 1&2 than Elaida.  

Also do we know if its been confirmed that little Robyn Betteridge is playing young Moiraine? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 3:31 PM, Tenesmus said:

Also do we know if its been confirmed that little Robyn Betteridge is playing young Moiraine? 

No, but I do like this prediction. I assume they would choose a young contortionist to play child Moiraine if they're going to show her sneaking around the royal palace and maybe climbing windows or such.  

On 7/6/2020 at 12:31 PM, Tenesmus said:

We've gotten reliable news that Keira Chansa will be portraying a young Siuan, so that would mean Maria Kennedy could not be playing the older version of Siuan.  Pretty sure that leaves her as Verin, or maybe Elaida, but Verin is more important in Book 1&2 than Elaida.  

Looks like Maria Doyle Kennedy is confirmed as ... Ila the Tinker

Edited by Elder_Haman
Added link

Yeah I do not think I saw a single person cast her as Ila. It was always either Siuan or Elaida and it turns out to be a much more minor (we think?) role. Pretty big actress for maybe 1 episode and then a reappearance maybe in season 3

Couple things:

1. They are REALLY holding out on many major castings

2. The more castings we see the less it seems will be cut from EOTW

On 7/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, johnnysd said:

Yeah I do not think I saw a single person cast her as Ila. It was always either Siuan or Elaida and it turns out to be a much more minor (we think?) role. Pretty big actress for maybe 1 episode and then a reappearance maybe in season 3

Couple things:

1. They are REALLY holding out on many major castings

2. The more castings we see the less it seems will be cut from EOTW

It's given that Siuan is in season one if only because there's an episode called The Flame of Tar Valon and Leane, her Keeper is cast. But Elaida or Verin might not be.  

I'm not sure we'll be getting other big castings, because it can't be easy to make big name actors who stay constantly booked to commit to a decade long recurring role. I'm not really expecting anyone I'd recognize for Verin, Siuan, or Elaida. But the Forsaken are killed off within a season or two, and probably more likely to interest a bigger name. 

Edited by Carebear Sedai

3 minutes ago, Carebear Sedai said:

It's given that Siuan is in season one if only because there's an episode called The Flame of Tar Valon and Leane, her Keeper is cast. But Elaida or Verin might not be.  

I'm not sure we'll be getting other big castings, because it can't be easy to make big name actors who stay constantly booked to commit to a decade long recurring role. I'm not really expecting anyone I'd recognize for Verin, Siuan, or Elaida. But the Forsaken are killed off within a season or two, and probably more likely to interest a bigger name. 

I meant major more in terms of within the story than the actor portraying them. I would tend to agree the recognizable actor/acctress names are all out there but who knows?

• 1 month later...

For Verin, I would really like Dawn French as her. She is a really good actress, and my motivation is I want an episode of her trying to get to the White Tower after leaving Rand when she sees Mat again.

That is Monty Python level humor that is begging to be done. I was laughing when she went through everything she experienced, and I could picture this actress doing all of it.