DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Liitha

pride month - social media tread

Posted (edited)

Ok so today we have so many options for information and entertainment, unlike before it was books and tv. Now we got internett and with it so many new channels for social media content like youtube, instagram, tiktok, snap and so on and forth

What are some good channels out there for lgbtq+ content that you recomend?

I will try to gather up the lists in this main tread to have quick link lists, but do let us know a bit more about them and why you like them so we can judge if they are for us (we all got different taste and look for different stuff)

Alayna Joy
Arielle Scarcella
Ash Hardel

Breanne Williamson

Courtney-jai

Dion Yorkie - Ytube Insta Twitter FB

Dutchy - Ytube

Gay family values

Georgia Bridgers

Itsjustnick

Jade Fox

Jessie Paege

Keara Graves -

Sebb Argo - Youtube

Uppercasechase1 - Ytube FB Insta Twitter

Edited by Liitha

Posted (edited)

Ok anyone want to help describe some of the list we gathered, go ahead

Starting on some posts

Sebb Argo was born in Mexico and Dion Yorkie in England, Dions sister is also on social media. They have goten engaged and lived in Canada, a lot of their videos are based on pranking eachother

Dion makes music too and has released several songs online.

They can be a lot of fun if you like pranks, and films a lot of their every day life, including doing movies with pranks or topics or catch ups with friends and family.

And they do prankwise like fake emergencies, superglue on toilets, mess with suntanning mixes, and so on and forth. 

Edited by Liitha

Posted (edited)

Ok what can we do?

@Hayl3y

Edited by Liitha

* rolls up sleeves *

well ....  @Liitha do you think we need our super hero outfits ? 😱

** more seriously **

I just checked out that page you linked us to @Lavandula

I will need time to fully read it but this looks very interesting.

After all, society has expectations towards people no matter their gender (being a woman = getting married to a guy = getting at least 2 kids = be an awesome cook and be super good at doing chores). Things are slowly changing but stereotypes still weigh heavily on some people who just step into a mold without wondering if it fits them or not.

Personally though, I don't really like to use labels. As Lii showed with her scale activity, it is rare to find someone who's a 100% this or that and I think it's important to take that into account when one starts to think about their preferences.

Tbf, I'm always a bit fearful to give my opinion on questions like these because we are / our lives are all different ☺️ That said, attraction for me is more of a question of personality than gender so the question about "hetero or gay" that is mentioned in the article feels a bit weird ^.^ (but then I have not read the article yet)

*huggles Lava*

What it comes down to is being able to identify oneself to oneself in a way you feel you yourself at least know you

What boxes you tick on the way there is less important

Because what you do and don't outside is one thing but finding that peace within yourself at least to say ok this is what I feel is right for me...then you have a basis to understand how you react to others expectations then just feeling restless or any number of other emotions

Self acceptance and love is the start of everything

I feel like every single proof I told myself as a reason why I'm bi and not gay just got cut to little tiny pieces, dissected and digested..😳

I was a very late bloomer, when I first started realising (what in hinsight looking back on my life is pathetically obvious) it was a little scary but most a little exciting, cause in my little brain (although I clearly had to accept that part of me) it didn't really have to have a larger impact on my life, than me, myself was comfortable for it to have.

I mean firstly I've chosen to be single for years anyway, and I could still "choose" a male partner if so I chose (yeah yeah I know how it sounds, bare with me it will get worse).. But the more comfortable I became with that side of me the less comfortable I am with even thinking of being in a relationship with guys.

But I just thought to myself meeeh just a fase, cause you know fluid, and also I can totally read romances with guys (if they are both guys😝), and I mean vin diesel is sort of cute (like a big snuggly teddybear uhum yep), and plus I had heeps of crushes on guys (before they ended up safely in the friendzone), def not gay no sir not me!

Cause I am not gonna be another notch on that horrible statistic giving bi's a bad rep, and secondly that would be so tremendously more invacive on my life if someone one day should weezle their way in (I have an electric fly swatter and I'm very scared to use it, but i will!).

I would actually have to crawl out of that godamn closset for one thing. and I find it very warm and cosy in here..by myself..I got tea lights, and snuggly blankies, and pweetty unicorns, and, and, and, butterflies..

Posted (edited)

*hugs tight*

Considering how society is laid up it's not exactly easy to get the knowledge to figure it out..you just take your time

Besides not sure I believe anyone but those who refuse to be open minded give Bi a bad rep...people's brain is a big complex thing...which is why everyone make mistakes...we can only go based on the knowledge we have at any given time

Edited by Liitha

Yeah but hayls kinda have a point.. I mean why is our options to either put ourself in a square that doesn't exactly fit or stay quiet and be wieved as not fully ourselves kinda..

*hugs*

Nods really they should teach about them all in school as in this the variety out there...there is no set standard

Closets are nice, but there's not much sunlight in there 😋

What about meeting up with lesbian or bi friends and see how it feels like ? or ask them about how they found out about their preferences ? I don't know whether or not it's a good idea but I'm a true believer in the power of our instinct. Maybe something they say could find an echo in you ?

And after all the most important is that you feel happy, no matter what other people think or the list they make, the articles they write.

tenor.gif

*snuggles the hayl3ybun*

But I got tea lights *nods* besides I don't really know many people anyway, that's why I joined dm😁 

tumblr_m7wcj6rX8d1rx24qso1_500.gif

Hi I'm lava, and I'm definitely not straight!

*crawls into closet and closes the door shut again*

😂

tea lights ❤️

342990385dd65a902bcf6d1e4d907663.jpg

tbf I don't go out much, so I wouldn't know how to meet new people ... (except through work or sports lol)

oh to keep with the social media topic, I wanted to post this ... i found it on youtube ages ago but it's so very cute

On 9/5/2020 at 9:05 AM, Lavandula said:

Oh i thought it was the open mic thread😂

Awwwww❤❤❤ that is adorable! 

tumblr_mgt8egabyp1rappy9o1_400.gif

oh no XD forgot about this XD this is another proof that I have the same memory capacity as a goldfish

tenor.gif

@Lavandula so, I clicked on that video... does that mean I'm gay ? XD Nice intro indeed lol aaand totally digging her eyemake up though

Edited by Hayl3y

I so much wanted to read that article but it was blocked on my PC. From the few words I managed to read, this poor guy mustn't have had it easy in his youth :(

I wish him the best <3