DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Evenin' Dragonmount.

Essy

After several days of attempting to register on the forums (shakes fist, but thank you to Kevin who personally activated my account!), I am finally here!

It's great to see you all, and I'd like to give you a little bit of my info before I ask some questions =D! I was a Lord of the Rings fan for a very long time, and I don't think I'll ever outgrow that. I knew so much of that book/lore that I became an administrator of a LOTR community. Whilst it was fun, I eventually grew bored of the Lord of the Rings due to the lack of books. Yes, I read The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales 1/2, Morgoths Book, everything. I'm not going to list them, though =P.

After overcoming that phase, I moved onto the wonderful world of gaming. Starting out at Warcraft II, I absolutely loved the story line. Once again, I grew very vast in that part and wished to gain as much knowledge as I could. So I joined a community. Moving onto WCIII, and then finally WoW, I grew very tired of the lore because honestly, World of Warcraft ruined it! I loved the game, played it for two years, advanced my characters through every dungeon possible prior to Burning Crusade, and then some in almost all of them in Burning Crusade.

A few months back, my wife picked me up the first two copies of the Wheel of Time. I neglected them for a few weeks, as they tended to be pretty heavy reads. Until I finally picked it up and read it for about four hours straight.

I was hooked from that day.

Since then, I've read and read and read. And I can honestly say it's the most ingenious thing, most inspiring story, that I have ever witnessed.

How I did not know of these books I still remain unaware of.

That's my story!

I've always been a big fan of role playing, and which is why I came to this forum. Yet, I'm a little fuzy. Do I need to write my bio in-order to post in the RP sections (The Warders Yard, White Tower, etc etc)?

Any help would be appreciated, and hello to you all as well =).

Hiya =).

One other question, is there a computer tech group thing? I know nearly everything about computers and I'd love to help some one upgrade, or give them a line of coding (I know about 6 different languages =P)

Guest Barmacral

Welcome!

The Illuminators Org does have a section for the computer junkies, that would be the smiths chapterhouse.

I played WoW up until about the end of last year, but then I couldn't afford it, and since then I still can't afford it and have just lost interest. As much damage as the game has done to the Lore though, I still enjoy finding out about the lore, and I think that its got lots of potential. Such as when they encounter the Protoss :P

As for the RP stuff, I don't know anything about that I'm afraid, so you'll have to just wait for one of them to show their faces.

that's a great story, essy! it mirrors a lot about how i got into WoT ... i was pretty much forced into it by a friend. i'd ignored it for a long time before that. *feels very stupid to have done so*

welcome to DM! i'm kait; there's a welcoming committee type group of us who should be running over you about now but i guess the rest are busy. you've met boyd already, i see. he's no help, is he. poor boyd. please forgive him.

anyways, i know how overwhelming this place can be. i joined up & sat for two days just taking it all in. & now i'm fully involved & really active. i'm still very new here myself.

if you want to get into RPG in a very strict fashion, the lower half of the board is for that. if you're more into lighter role playing more loosely based on WoT then the Org side is for you! of course you can get into both sides, but that is crazy insane & i think would be nuts. though i would really admire the newbie who could pull it off.

here are some places to take a look at. you don't have to join any Org you don't want to; in fact, i suggest taking your time & finding out about it a little before you jump in. there are always rules & newbie sign-up threads, usually stickied. read those.

Illuminators - the fine arts group; we have chapter houses that specialize in everything from cooking to computer techies to writing to artists.

Seanchan - general entertainment (movies, games, etc.)

The Band of the Red Hand - the music Org & also a very strong, very well organized RP.

Fiddlesticks - the Org that isn't an Org! but we fiddlers know we are just too good for being official. we are all about spam & also have an amazing game going on that you can come & watch. don't worry about not knowing what's going on; i'm playing & i don't even know what's going on!

hope that helps you out. the little descriptions written under the forums really helps, i find. of course i'm biased & haven't joined every Org yet but i plan to move through most if not all of them eventually.

& don't forget - if you have any qs at all, give a shout here! we're all more than happy to help. some of us, though, might deserve listening to more than others. egwene is great, & so is empy. the rest - well, you'll see ;)

Guest Egwene

Hi Essy, good to see you making it to the icing on the cake at last *g* Let's face it... all your other sites where just a practise run for this one!!

Check out the info thread here on the Newbie board for tips on how to get involved in the RP. You'll find direct links to various threads that give instructions. If all else fails, send a PM to Sirayn... the Newbie Board resident expert on RP.

I notice you posted on the Smith's... do persevere. They are about... probably making sigs for requests on the sig request board. Your offer of help with technical stuff is very generous. If you fancy starting a tutorial on the main Illuminators board about anything, please, feel free to try that.

Any questions... as Kait said... we'll try and find an answer for you :P

Hi Essy! You do indeed need to write your bio before you can get started in the roleplay. Make sure you've registered for the DRPSW usergroup using the Usergroups tab on the right-hand menu. You'll find the Warders Div website at www.aliciawilkerson.com/warders - check out the Getting Started link and the Writing a Bio page you can reach from there. Our very own White Tower Div hangs out at www.whitetowerdiv.org and bio information is here. Drop me a line if you need any help. :)

Cheers,

Sirayn

Guest Emperor

YAY a newbie.

Mommy can I keep her? *looks at Barm* Please Mommy?

Anyway, welcome to Seanchan... I mean DM. That slipped. Check out all the orgs and what we have to offer. Feel free to post on any of the boards as you do not have to be a member to participate.

Hey there, Essy! Great story... Thanks very much for sharing it with us. :D

Definitely come stop by the White Tower Org and the Yellow Ajah if you get the chance. Lots of great information to be found there, along with some really fun folks. Nynaeve (Yellow Head) in particular might be good for you to talk with, as I know she enjoys RP a lot.

Anyway, welcome! We're definitely glad to have you here. If you ever need anything, just ask! :D

Guest Barmacral

There's somebody here that thinks to call themselves Barmmy? I must find this person and purge them from this earth.

no essy! don't call him the great one! he's not very nice to newbies. especially female ones. & no - the way to purge yourself is to take that gun out of the russian roullette (howeveryouspellit) & shoot barm between the eyes. quick but painless.

Archived