DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Filming

Rand520

The biggest issue is the International spread of the Cast and Crew, from all over the world, some will be able to return, some won’t. hopefully Amazon will give the go ahead for season 2 soon and they may be able to combine the remainder of season 1 with season 2, the other problem is when they stopped it was mid Spring, its now Summer, they may prefer to wait for Autumn to maintain the right look. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest redgiant

Don't TV shows like this have pick-ups potentially, or is that not part of the process like it is with movies?

What do they do if they feel like they need any scenes redone or enhanced or added, that need sets and actors again?

As far as I know, they do.  But for on-location shoots, I imagine they'd want to overshoot the first time out, i.e., get more takes than they strictly speaking need and shoot scenes that are more likely to be cut entirely, just so they don't have to go to the trouble and expense of packing up again and re-reserving the location.  Probably similar considerations for expensive guest actors.  They'd probably want to limit the potential need for re-shoots to stuff that can be done in-studio, involving the main cast and cheap extras, if at all possible.

Guest redgiant

True, similar to the LOTR movies. I don't think they ever went back to the actual on-location places for pickups, whether for the theatrical or EE releases. They just replicated whatever environments in a studio and did them.

2 hours ago, Thrasymachus said:

I reckon those are older photos.  Everybody in them is bundled up against the cold, and it's summertime in the Czech Republic now.

You’re probably right. Though it does still get cold in the summertime at altitude. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been so impatient to hear concrete updates on resumption of filming. Especially after hearing about Witcher and Carnival Row etc. Marcus Rutherford posted some emoji’s to suggest he’s back on location, but nothing concrete from anyone that I’ve seen. I compulsively look for info on updates for this show, I just need to chill and forget it for 6 months...

It's been confirmed that re-filming has begun. See here.

I also believe that it's confirmed that filming is complete for 6 of the 8 episodes (and has been since prior to the pandemic).

I'm speculating that we will see a trailer (maybe a short teaser only, but some sort of content) very soon. Maybe to coincide with the EoTW "book club" they are running on Twitter reaching the end of the book?

5 hours ago, Thrasymachus said:

I wouldn't really expect any kind of substantial trailer or anything until Christmas time at the earliest.  They're not gonna want to expand the hype beyond the book fans too soon.

That depends on when the series is due to start - something we don’t know yet. If filming wraps by say, the end of October, we could be seeing episode 1 drop early in 2021.