DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

landmarks and buildingstyles of the 21st century

ok so throughout time we people had different livingstyles and left different landmarks

from Neolithic period where the stonecircle of stonehenge was finished and people lived in longhouses made from mud bricks

to more modern times with the late 19th century seeing the erection of the eiffel tower and seeing toilets becoming a part of the house as the latest luxery.

to the 20th century seeing sydney opera erected, as well as many high-rises in the major cities, constructed with concrete.

what then will be the landmarks of this century and what will the future say of our building styles in a day and age where we made new sustainable goals 

SDGs_poster_new1-e1470856750431-1280x785.png

its going to be sustainable both from an enviromental way, economical, there is a focus on reuse of both material and space.

Are we already seeing good examples of potential landmarks of this century and buildingstyle changes or how do you think it will change before the century is over. 

One example could be netflix series of tinyhouse nation, though not really new we know some asian countrys had really small houses already a while, the focus seem to be spreading to new places. 

I would totally live in a tiny house, especially if it freed up capital for travel, early retirement, hobbies, etc.

My wife on the other hand . . . .

I don't know about a tiny house,  but definitely smaller like an appartment, would free some capital and a lot of time and energy (smaller house less room for stuff, less to tidy, less to clean, more time for other stuff like hobbies)  *thumbs up for smaller*

Smaller works for different times in your life. 

As an architecture student two trends coming out are environmentally friendly/energy efficient and modular. I mean modular as in the building can be repurposed to serve many different needs.