DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cross

June Roll Call

come on over and shout who ya are, who yer with and what yer rank is!

there's a ton going on in the world today, which present issue is most on your mind?

Liitha pink fluff aka discleader of cuen'deren 

And present whats on my mind is knightmare and pride aka the warders and blue events this month

*shameless add voice* so I expect to see u all there

arie. yellow. sedai.

Everything, honestly. My shoulders feel super heavy and my empathic self is struggling to both feel what is happening and not put up walls to not feel anything at all. 

My voice feels small, in comparison to the world, and I'm okay with that. I'm not the one that needs to be heard right now, and I am trying to background support any way I know how. Also, I pulled out my sewing machine again.

Mashi, Head of the White Ajah.

I'm so sad by everything and I'm crying all the time.  The world's current struggles are so overwhelming and my own emotional state is so unstable. 

I escape to Animal Crossing, but I'm not sure that's a healthy response to this....

Hayl3y, Head of the Blues

As said above, there's just so much - too much - going on.

The world's just a mess right now. So I'm just trying to do what I can to offer support to the ones who need it.

JamesBrown, Sword Captain.

It would be easy to dwell on my country which is catching on fire. My son is in the National Guard and he's been deployed to crowd control, so he's basically sitting on top of a powder keg keeping it from blowing up.

But at the same time, my wife and I just moved into a new house, so I've got a million more immediate things to think about. I don't have time to obsess over the news, so . . . that's a good thing? 

Posted (edited)

Lava, Manshima (😃😃😃)

I feel I kinda sit on the sidelines watching the world unraveling from the safety of my glass castle (or prisson), so in that respect I don't feel I have the right to complain.. Still I do got other things going on and just need to focus on DM now to keep my head above water. 

🌈KNIGHTMARE and PRIDE🌈

*free hugs to everyone in need (cause that's all I can do for anyone *frustrated*)*

Edited by Lavandula

Dar'Jen Ab Owain, Sitter of the Green Ajah

So much chaos in the world. Trying to bring order to what I can. 

One day at a time. Trying to do the best I can with each one.

Tay. Red Head.

I'm currently burying my head in the sand and ignoring everything. Then trying not to succumb to feeling guilty for putting my own mental health and family problems above all the global horrors going on. It is what it is. Tomorrow there will be something else. I'm accepting I can't take all of it on my own shoulders and doing what I can, where I can, when I can. 

Elgee, Ma.

I have so many issues on my mind that I feel like a chameleon on an MnM box.

Mostly my focus is on the tenants (I work for a Rental Agency), and how they're coping and what I can do to help. Amazingly, my experience as Amyrlin has come in incredibly handy! I started to think of the tenants and owner as my "children", who I need to guide and help. I therefore spoke with one of the largest companies in the industry and worked with them on an idea to help people who can't pay their rent. They took it to their legal staff, and eventually came up with the documents needed for that and a few other ideas, which have been distributed to almost all the agents in the country. Had to push the boss a bit, but we're doing well in this regard. We have way above the average in rental collection stats in the country.

That being said, it's also heart-breaking. In order to help people, they have to complete application forms and send through supporting documents, like bank statements. One woman sticks in my mind, and keeps me awake at night. I could see on her bank statements that she was buying R20 electricity and under R300 groceries a week. That's about $1.50 and $17. To feed herself and 3 children. We go through that amount of electricity in a day - how is she coping with it for a whole week? Can they even cook? It's winter - do they have the geyser on for hot water to bath? Luckily I was able to persuade the owner to give her a massive discount on her rent for 2 months. That meant that from the end of April she at least had a few thousand Rand more to spend - enough for food and electricity etc. The situation still haunts me, though.

The other stress is of course that we're living on just my salary (which just covers the rent a few other things), as my sister has been retrenched due to Covid19. She's getting a small government grant but her May one only came through today.

I cope by watching mindless things like Flip or Flop on TV.

Bless you, Mother. What a strong and wonderful person you are. We're lucky to have you here.

Shad, pursuing the proper duration to remain Accepted XD

The most personal thing to me right now is I have to return to work in the office next week despite a very successful telecommute set-up because my state is dead set on reopening whatever the COVID statistics.  Certainly nowhere near the trouble a ton of people are dealing with, but this nonsense of COVID denial has a lot of negative trickle down consequences for people who have been trying to play it safe and actively avoiding unnecessary exposure.