DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
JamesBrown

Who Stands Ready as a Candidate for Manshima - Lavandula

The Novice @Lavandulahas met the requirements to be promoted to Manshima and may post her Declarations when ready!

(Hold your congratulations until after the Declarations have been posted! Thank you!)

The Declarations take three parts:

Declaration of Self:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about who you are. Why did you start reading WoT? How did you find DM? Feel free to add anything you think will be interesting or meaningful.

Declaration of Commitment:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about your time as a Candidate. What projects have you done? Have you made any friends? Please share with us your memorable moments.

Declaration of Intent:
Post a few sentences to a paragraph about what your plans are as a Manshima and Der’manshima. What projects are you planning to do? Have you gotten involved with a Community Discipline? Please share with us your future goals and plans.

Posted (edited)

Decleration of self:

I'm Lava, as it says I'm raised from the Aes Sedai track, we'll come back to that later (or not, we'll see😝). 

I first was introduced to the WOT books many, many years (eons ago), by my sister. I was visiting her for summer break, and I just remember sunshine, visiting the library, and lots of reading. That's when I first read "new spring", "the eye of the world" and started on "the great hunt", fully intending to finish it and keep reading, but I went home and life happened.

Some years later, my life changed drastically due to illness, I lost contact with most of my friends, cause I couldn't do what we used to do together anymore. I figured I could either be mad at the world or learn to accept, thrive in my own company,  and be greatful for the things I have. It can still be lonely sometimes though, and that's why I joined DM, after a lot of convincing by my sister❤️ (she basically clubbed me in the head, made the account, and dragged me in here. I hope I never get logged out cause I don't know the password..lol)

Decleration of commitment:

I first started out as a novice because I didn't really understand what the warders were about, so I didn't think I had a lot in common with them , and also I wanted to find my own way.

During my time in the white tower, I feel I have been fairly active, lots of fun mind you, but I did help out behind the scenes too. Like helping the keeper of the chronicles dusting of, and sorting through old raising threads, and arranged Thanksgiving with the Gray's (to mention some). 

I had an affiliation to one of the ajahs early on, but I'm proud of how I managed to put that aside, and open-mindedly visited every ajah, and also afterwards the warders (where I have been very helpful with the monthly tasks and now knightmare, if I may say so myself😁). 

In all honesty I don't feel I chose the warders, I feel it chose me, despite me fighting it and trying to fit into the tower lol.  I feel relaxed in the warders, like I can kick back and be myself (and understand what the fudge is going on lol) I just simply like myself better in the warders.

Decleration of intent:

Going forward, I want to continue to help rebuilding the warders to it's former glory (raising the activity level), getting to know you all better so I can find my place (and hopefully get some good friends along the way), and overall continue being a nuisance.

😈I solemnly swear I am up to no good😇

@JamesBrown @Elgee

Edited by Lavandula

Congratulations to you, @Lavandula

You are now one step closer to Der'Manshima.

royal-knights-sword.thumb.jpg.1e303fd43001e41bf22e531982eae208.jpg

You are hereby awarded your Manshima sword. Keep it ever sharp, every ready, and ever true. You carry the honor of the White Tower on its blade.

Ceremony observers are now free to offer congratulations and well wishes. 

Congratulations, Lava.

I know you have done a lot of searching, but glad you have made the next step in your journey.

(Hands over a new leather satchel). I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

I am so very proud of your journey and the forethought you have had in your journey. Congratulations, Mashima Lava. You are very deserving.

Here is a little something to keep back some of those sword blows. ❤️

z0wvna1kb5k21.jpg?width=785&format=pjpg&

7 hours ago, JamesBrown said:

Congratulations to you, @Lavandula

You are now one step closer to Der'Manshima.

royal-knights-sword.thumb.jpg.1e303fd43001e41bf22e531982eae208.jpg

You are hereby awarded your Manshima sword. Keep it ever sharp, every ready, and ever true. You carry the honor of the White Tower on its blade.

Ceremony observers are now free to offer congratulations and well wishes. 

*cheeks hurting* oh my it's beautiful master James, thank you!!!! Um..I mean white tower is gonna be SO safe😇

@Dar'Jen Ab Owain thank you! And a gift too😯 perfect timing my last pur...um satchel is hanging by a thread, literally😂

@LilyElizabeth yes it was quite emotional, but now I just feel peace, thank you🙂

@Arie *squeeze the mentor* it goes perfectly with my sword💛💛💛

@Liitha *Pat's the unicorn* thank you lii lii *hugglesnuggles*

Well done on searching, persevering, and eventually getting there, Lava! I'm really proud of you, and your dedication to finding your right place. *Great big snugglebites* 🥰

.... now go read the rest of the series! 😜