DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Writing through Depression, (while now also learning to be a stay at home teacher) is not working for me. I think i'm at a 6-month dry spell since november, and it's not improving. So for not being as active in here, I deeply apologize. It's hard motivating myself to write let along encourage others to do the same. 😛

How is everyone else holding up? 

*crashtacklehugs*

Boooo Depression - saps so much energy, hang in there!

If you want to try smaller pieces or a RP lmk 🙂 I should be free of (M. Teach prim/seconday what am I doing?) assignments in 3ish weeks. How's the home teach transition now? Is it expected to last much longer where you are? Our kids went back this week o.O

*hugs* Trying! 

I started to feel more creative and then sciatic attack. I don't -normally- have pain that last for days but when i do, it's a... b----. 

I think we have about 4 weeks left of schooling. I'll admit I'm one of those parents where the G1 i'm only making ddo the zoom meetings, and the gr 2 is at least getting a half hour in while the other is in zoom. The older only has two zoom meetings a week, but over all they are settled in that routine and finish by 10/1030. So, not terrible at all. We've had a lot of rain the past few weeks which has them stuck inside a lot. 

I dunno, i'm just very good at coming up with excuses, OR i just struggle to connect with that creative outlet these past months.

I think that's completely... human. Hierarchy of needs etc,  it's a lot harder to focus on 'frivolous' when the world is feeling thick with threat/ uncertainty/ pain (also, boo! Sciatica sucks 😕 )

Do you get any time for R&R? Even just half an hour for a nice bath or something pampering with no pressure to do anything else but relax here and there might help!

I've started attempting some gentle yoga this week- it's surprisingly nice and grounding/fortifying 🙂

I did. I think i was very gunho about ensuring self-care at the beginning that two months in it feels like a chore. I'm happy I remember to shower when i need that shower. Though from time to time i'll bubblebath it in the jets. (actually, probably a good idea for helpign with this pain.. now that you've reminded me). 

I think my self care is shown with the 400 hours of animal crossing i've logged. XD (though lots of it may be idle..)

What kind of resources are you using for the gentle yoga?

I... don't know what animal crossing is 🤔 but I'm super envious that you have bath jets!! 

Reminds me I have one stretch that really helps take the load off my lower back when my sciatica plays up (hopefully that link works, I think you can also do it seated).

I've just been searching Youtube for yoga vids... picking out ones that target trouble areas/have instructors that are enjoyable to listen to. 'Yoga with Adriene' seems to be ok so far!