DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's your favorite WOT quote?

"He had kept things from her before, and he suspected he would again, but this might be too important to hold back. The pin was the smallest part of a pair of scissors, and the easiest made, but without it, the scissors cut no cloth."  

The Dragon Reborn, Ch. 36

"Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this. Men forget, but never forgive.  Women forgive, but never forget."  

The Dragon Reborn, Ch. 47

"[Women] want to be in love, but only with the one we want.  A man needs to be in love, but he will love the first woman to tie a string to his heart."

The Shadow Rising, Ch. 6

"There's an old saying in the Two Rivers," Rand said dryly.  "'The louder a man tells you he's honest, the harder you must hold on to your purse.'"

The Fires of Heaven, Ch. 45.

And, as you can probably guess that it's a favorite of mine...

"There is one rule, above all other, for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet."

The Great Hunt, Ch. 7

• 2 weeks later...

May you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the Mother welcome you home.

I actually used that one without thinking a few days ago to someone's who's near relative had passed away.

And even though I dislike the last 3 books, this is one of my all-time favourite light hearted moments from the series:

“You’re Aes Sedai,” Mat said, shrugging. “I figured you… you know, saidared it.”

(Mat to Verin.)

"Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this. Men forget, but never forgive.  Women forgive, but never forget."  

The Dragon Reborn, Ch. 47

@JamesBrown I say this all the time and am continuosly proven the validity of this statement. 

From The Shadow Rising, Perrin

“Never think I have abandoned you. When the sun shines on you, it is my smile. When you hear the breeze stir through the apple blossoms, it is my whisper that I love you. My love is yours forever.”  I have shared this quote with someone and I'll never have it back. So, it's a bit melancholy for me but I love it. 

ooooo, big favorite. "Asha'Man. . . kill" gives me goose bumps every time. Then the follow up "Kneel and swear allegience to the lord Dragon or you. will. be. knelt." DAMN that was bad ass. That's in the Lord of Chaos. 

I don't remember quotes so much as scenes though. Don't have that type of memory lol. When Perrin goes all super dark and says to the AS "Heal him" about the Aiel? Yeah? Trying to not be spoilery but holy shit did that get dark. 

oh" All will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well." the tinker quote. cant remember where but I love that one. 

16 hours ago, Millon said:

From The Shadow Rising, Perrin

“Never think I have abandoned you. When the sun shines on you, it is my smile. When you hear the breeze stir through the apple blossoms, it is my whisper that I love you. My love is yours forever.”

Yes that's a beautiful one!

ooooo, big favorite. "Asha'Man. . . kill" gives me goose bumps every time. Then the follow up "Kneel and swear allegience to the lord Dragon or you. will. be. knelt." DAMN that was bad ass. That's in the Lord of Chaos. 

YES! Even though, as an Aes Sedai, I shouldn't like the second one. In my defense, I WAS also an Asha'Man / Chosen over at the Black Tower at one stage ?

When Perrin goes all super dark and says to the AS "Heal him" about the Aiel? Yeah? Trying to not be spoilery but holy shit did that get dark. 

Ayup. One of those profound moments that stay with you. I've just reread that section and skipped over that specific bit because it's just too dark for me. Same with the final Ronin scene. That one broke my heart, unlike the fate of the Amayar.

6 hours ago, Elgee said:

Yes that's a beautiful one!

YES! Even though, as an Aes Sedai, I shouldn't like the second one. In my defense, I WAS also an Asha'Man / Chosen over at the Black Tower at one stage ?

Ayup. One of those profound moments that stay with you. I've just reread that section and skipped over that specific bit because it's just too dark for me. Same with the final Ronin scene. That one broke my heart, unlike the fate of the Amayar.

That is one point of the series I have a big issue with. It completely breaks the Checkov's Gun rule. There was absolutely no reason to include any of that. You get no further info on why or how is significant. Hell, it barely got an off hand metion even by the characters. "oh, and this terrible thing happened here. . . ", response "wow. that's terrible. Lets carry on" ANd that's it. So, an important artifact is there that reacts to an incredible event but that artifact could have been ANYWHERE with at least some relevance. I kept hoping for more of that story and never got it. Hell, I don't even think the encyclopedia goes into any of that.  Didn't need to happen. Same with the place the leader of the darkies in the final combat and his completely broken character story. It just doesn't make sense. AT all. 

I am not familiar with Ronin. . . . 

• 2 weeks later...