DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello everyone :D

Hayl3y

Hey there,

It has been a while ^.^ I think that the last time I posted was back in 2018, sometimes.

For the ones who don't know me, I signed up in DM in 2006. I have always loved this community, who became like a family for me. But now, I'm back at the start, I see that some changes were made and I guess I have a lot to learn and discover <3

For the others, ... surprise ... XD .... it's me again ... me as in "Chaelca"

The change of handle is quite symbolic as I had dark times to go through during the previous two years but one thing is certain, I really missed you all and I can't wait to catch up with yous

* big snuggle bites to all the readers*

14 hours ago, Hayl3y said:

Hahaha long time no see :wub:

* tacklehugs Jea *

How are you doing ! Thanks for the warm welcome !!!!

Pretty good, learning how to distance teach has been interesting. I haven't been doing zoom lessons or anything crazy, just communicating through various platforms by text and reading lots of short stories (and a few novels lol). 

wow that must be a tough challenge !

the girls here have a couple of plateform with math / french / history exercises, .. ;the better their answers the more options they have to accessorize their 'school" avatar ?

but i guess that only works with younger kids lol

17 hours ago, Hayl3y said:

wow that must be a tough challenge !

the girls here have a couple of plateform with math / french / history exercises, .. ;the better their answers the more options they have to accessorize their 'school" avatar ?

but i guess that only works with younger kids lol

Definitely lol My students are between 12-17 almost 18 so changing a little computer avatar doesn't matter to them much. We've been managing but where I was having about 80% student response in March, I'm down to like 40% now and dropping quickly. Grades are due next Friday but I can't hold it against them if they didn't do any of the virtually assigned work so *shrugs* Is what it is. I'll do what I can and then move on.

17 hours ago, Hayl3y said:

I guess that it also depends on what the parents do ... if the parents are away or not very supportive, it doesn't really help ... good luck tho !

Thanks, it's definitely been an adventure! Of course, the students I am still getting work from or those who don't need to improve their grades. I have a few failing that I've contacted parents repeatedly...one turned in like two assignments, the other has turned in absolutely nothing. I put forth good effort to remind them that hey, do this and you can still pass. The hardest lesson I've learned as a teacher is that I can care about them, but I can't care for them. ? 

44 minutes ago, Liitha said:

Yeah parents has a lot to say, that they pay attention and their ability to help with homework.

Parent involvement is definitely an important factor. I honestly kept my distance learning assignments quite simple. Freshmen just had to read and respond to six short stories, Juniors are reading, analyzing, and writing about The Awakening, and my eighth graders...I'm just asking them to read something, anything, and tell me what they're reading that week! No weird grammar worksheets, no big huge essays, no insane projects, just read something and tell me your thoughts. 

I think I would have loved that as a student ?

but then you would have asked me to do math homework on my own, and I would have been totally lost lol

Are all exams cancelled in your school?

Here they all are, except for University ?

18 hours ago, Hayl3y said:

I think I would have loved that as a student ?

but then you would have asked me to do math homework on my own, and I would have been totally lost lol

Are all exams cancelled in your school?

Here they all are, except for University ?

The state I'm in did cancel all of the state testing, most of the US did I do believe. Can't recall if I said here but I can't hold it against students if they turned in nothing but can improve a student's grade based on work submitted during distance learning. 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:12 AM, Liitha said:

Just program it to yield u a result, or set it up with inbuilt scatter graph that automaticly updates or something

Gives you an easy pic to read it from

We just got the print outs the testing company decides to send us and have to decipher it so we can't program it to show us exactly what we may be looking for...the joys of the world of education in the US.