DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

On 5/16/2020 at 6:56 AM, ATuckerMorin said:

20 push ups on my first morning. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Outstanding! Keep it up. Push your self!

On 5/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, JamesBrown said:

Outstanding! Keep it up. Push your self!

20 is pushing myself. But I will! 

On 5/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, JamesBrown said:

Millon, you might try something that's worked for me called Chaining Habits. Think of something that you already do as a habit, something that's not difficult. Then somehow attach the new habit you want to adopt to it.

For me, it was about flossing my teeth. I could never get into the habit, and of course I would lie to my dentist about how often I did. But I never failed to brush my teeth at least twice a day. So I rubber-banded my dental floss to my toothpaste. I couldn't pick up the toothpaste without having the floss in my hand, and that was enough of a trigger to remind me to floss. After a few weeks, flossing my teeth became as natural as brushing my teeth. I don't have to remember to floss; I just do.

So for exercise, maybe try this. Do you wear shoes around the house, or slippers? Try storing them way under your bed. That way you can't put on your shoes without getting down on your hands and knees to dig them out. And as long as you're there, knock out ten pushups. At night, when you put your shoes away under the bed, knock out ten more. You can go to bed knowing you made yourself a little stronger with twenty pushups. After a few days, ten pushups will feel easier, and you might go for fifteen. 

You can do it, sir! Our motto should be: Stronger, Smarter, Harder to Kill.

That is a brilliant idea. 

Yeah I agree!

I cleaned my room yesterday after work. I had to remake my bed so had to move furniture anyway, and thought I might as well dust and sweep.

Figured I'd jump in, if that's ok.

Trying to get back into a workout routine...

I managed one "real" pushup. I'll work on that.

Atta girl, DJ! That's all anyone starts with. One pushup. 

But tomorrow? Gotta do one. 

Rocking!

I'm up to 44, but a few weeks ago I was only at 30. It's a funny thing--when I perform an exercise on a regular basis, I become stronger.

giphy.gif