DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Challenge

JamesBrown

I'm trying to use this downtime to find new ways to challenge myself, to push against my boundaries, to perform strenuous actions in order to make myself a better person--physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually.

WHO WILL JOIN ME IN THIS CHALLENGE?

This week, I vowed to do a thing well. This action will have a tiny effect, yet if turned into a habit, can compound into a lifetime transformation. This week, the challenge is...

Upon waking, immediately perform pushups to failure. 

That's it. Simply drop and give me as many pushups as you can. The pushup is a fantastic exercise that requires no expensive equipment, can be done indoors or out, and works all the upper-body muscles at one time. Simple and efficient. 

giphy.gif

And doing pushups first thing in the morning gets the blood pumping to the body, including the brain, making us more mentally alert and ready for the day. Instead of hiding under the covers, we are in the business of living a human life. And we will conduct that business with vigor and resolve.

giphy-downsized.gif

Report in this thread if you are up for this challenge, and share your progress. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woop woop way to go James! And awwww...what a cutie!

Ok after being bedridden for months, I have to check if I'm actually able to do any..lol.

One...tttttwooooh..puuuh.. Yeah ok sure I'm in, from tomorrow morning? at least I might make a lot of others join in, when they see how low it's under the roof haha

Excellent work, ladies! Keep it up. It's not a habit if we only do it once.

This morning I repeated 38 pushups. My plan is to maintain this level for the rest of the week. That way when I hit the floor on Sunday morning, it won't be intimidating to go for 39. It's just one more than I did for all the previous week.

Who else will join us in strength and persistence?

9 hours ago, Lavandula said:

One...twooooh....t-t-t-threeeeeeeee... *crash* ...eeeeep.... Yesh it be going...marvelous?

So you increased your pushup count by fifty percent? Gotta be a record, that. Well done!

This morning, I knocked out another 38 pushups. Tomorrow, I go for a personal best of 39. 

Can we join with another task instead, dont think I would be able to progress much on this has one task who has some similar preasure points and been told to do what I can on that but not push it..so wheter I do that depend on the day my arms are having ?

My answer to you both is to meet the challenge in a challenging way.

The object of this is not to tick off a list. The object is to push your self--Mind, Body, and Soul.

If we practice doing hard things, then we become able to Do Hard Things.

That said, if knees on the floor enable to you push yourself hard, then put your knees on the floor. If your max is one pushup, then do one pushup and make it count.

In the future, I'll throw more challenges at any and all who visit the Warder's Barracks.

Today starts a new week, so I upped my morning pushup routine to 39. 

So true..I think I will keep on with the full one since I started with that and the progress wouldn't be right and thus no fun..I still will search to find out what will give you a better workout cause now I'm curious.

Way to go James!!!!!!!!!! 

(I must admit I forgot this morning, so I'll have to do it real quick now haha..)

One (barely) for me today?

I was literally just thinking about starting something similar here. Only, I am too self aware to know I'm going to bomb on this BUT that doesn't mean I am not going to do SOMETHING. I really need to get things back under control with mine and my son's sleeping in. When things DO get back to normal it's going to be crazy hard. So, I am going to start setting an alarm again to get up on normal time AND to start doing a series of stretches when I wake up. The plan is to eventully do 30 of yoga every morning. 

well i've been doing 40 seconds of plank and 15 push-ups since the beginning of the year. but in true Brown fashion, the last book i read there was a point where the girl was in basic and it was a big deal when she was the first to make it to 25 so i decided i want to get there. then you started this. it's alllll a sign. 

i been reaiming it to going out and doing work outside, was 15-20 the day before yesterday, half an hour yesterday and about half an hour today. 

been trying to get on stepingmachine once a day too but not been on last couple days, and should get onto some of my rehersals, need to see if can find something streatchy to pull on.

I've not started the yoga BUT had a stroke of excellent timing. lol I had to work these past few days so I HAD to get up at the god hours wether I wanted to or not. Didn't get any yoga or stretching going yet but work made up for it. Movin heavy ass boxes of paper around and breaking down pallets, checkin the contents, re-sealing and re-stacking the pallets of some 750 cartons of masks that came in. Definitely more of a work out than I've had in a VERY long time. lol. I am sore today brothers and sisters. lol