DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Melisa Celiane Tomar's WT/DM Class

Hello Melisa!

Welcome to your own personal White Tower/Dragonmount Class.

The class is done in 3 parts but first we do the introduction!

I'm Blank, I've been on DM for about...7/8 years I think? I've had a variety of jobs in the White Tower but currently I am the Head of the Brown Ajah. In the real world, I have recently entered my 30's, I work in the hospitality industry but have a background in both science and retail. I enjoy lots of inside activities like netflix, games, the internet, cooking but my biggest hobby (almost a Brown cliche) is reading! 

I would love to hear more about you and then we will get into the class lickedy split!

I'm Melisa, I used to do a lot of RP on some other WoT fan sites, but I lost most of my co-writers and gave up when the website went down and a lot of my writing was lost.   I started reading the books in school (after prompting by a long-distance friend) and caught up to the current book when book 7 came out.   I have been working for a while as a French teacher and I'm switching to English next year.  I'm generally an inside person although I love to escape by traveling, especially for concerts.  I love music and I enjoy watching football, and I used to read like crazy, but I do so much reading for work that I pretty much stopped reading for fun.  Sigh!

Oh so a long time WoT fan! Glad to have you here, aspies are a lovely breath of fresh air!

Are you looking forward to switching to English teaching next year?

When you get a chance here is the first part of the class

Part One: The White Tower

1)What are members of the WT/Warders expected to do?
2)What is the Code of Conduct, and how does it apply to you?
3)What in the heck does PG13 mean?
4)What is Thread-Hijacking and Spam, and what is the general policy of the WT/Warders regarding that?

Okay, I'll do my best.   If I didn't explain enough, let me know:

1) Interact in the spirit of the books without necessarily taking on characteristics of RP; be a support system for one another.  Have fun but be appropriate.  

2) The Code of Conduct spells out how inappropriate behavior would be dealt with so that there are clear expectations going into participation on the site.  Being a teacher, I understand!

3) PG-13 means if I wouldn't be okay with my middle school students reading it here, it's inappropriate.  

4) Thread-highjacking is taking over a thread and steering it off topic, or monopolizing a thread with friends; spam is basically a junk post or posts that only raises one's post count without contributing to the real spirit of interaction on the website.  The policy goes into some details about warnings and how you can have your posts limited for varying lengths of time if you can't adhere to the policy.

That's great Melisa, I especially liked your answer to question number 4. 

I'm going to paste section 2, along with some wise words of wisdom from our Sword Captain about this part of the class.

Part Two: The Subgroups

So what we normally recommend is that you start a post in your class thread and go back and edit it over time, and that the format is as follows:

[Ajah/Guild]
--[Who is in charge]
--[general focus if there is one]
--[link to relevant post #1]
--[link to relevant post #2]

Rinse and repeat for at least five of the eight Ajahs and Warders Guild.

* We also ask that for the Guild, you go into the focus of each Discipline. The who, spam, and posts can be for the Guild as a whole.

* This part should take the longest as it is the most "work heavy". Therefore if they want to do it in parts or whatever that's fine -as long as all the information is there.

However, we want to stress that this section is the most important, as well. The intention is for you to learn about each Ajah, not just quickly jump in, say Hello, and bow out. In the past, some new members had decided which group they wished to join, and so they raced through the others as a mere formality. This is especially true for those that think the Ajah here at DragonMount is identical in scope and role as the Ajah described in the books. That is not the case, and we want to make sure you understand that, too. Otherwise, you might become frustrated that the group isn't to your liking after all, which only causes disappointment and disruption.

~ end of quote.

I would also like to add that I know we are particularity quiet here at the moment but try and pick the ajahs/warders and disciplines that you see the most activity in. Also - take your time, this is the chunky part of the course!

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions or discussions here or by PM if you need!