DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rafe Q/A

“I genuinely think we are cutting less than most people think. When I see people ask questions like, ‘are you cutting Min?’ It blows my mind. I don’t know how you do an adaptation without some of these characters. I think it’ll be more of the smaller stories you’ll miss. We can’t have Rand and May travel to many many inns on their travels across the countryside for instance. It’s just not producible. So that will be more of what you miss I think, and the books always exist to read for that :).”

It will make most fans happy that he didn't cut Narg and Loial couldn't be a man anyway as that would completely destroy the point of him.

Glad to hear about the Old Tongue as Mat needs to be fluent.

Painful choices I think is either the prologue or the Tinkers as I don't know what other important but non vital thing you could. I suppose Doman but I think that trip needs to be there if for no other reason than to show the deep history of Randland.

Glad they're filming multiple seasons at once as you want to try to keep actors aging faster than characters to a minimum. Has anyone asked him if they expanded the timeline otherwise actors will end alot older than characters.

2 hours ago, mistborn82 said:

I suppose Doman but I think that trip needs to be there if for no other reason than to show the deep history of Randland.

Doman is also a reoccurring character; he shows up on Toman Head and again in Tanchico. Also, he gives readers (and viewers, potentially) their first glimpse at the Seals.

It sounds like we'll be in for a few announcements soonish. Potentially a Min casting. Perhaps they'll tell us who is playing Siuan or Ishamael, though I have a feeling the fandom has predicted those parts right just like they did with Tam and Fain. 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, mistborn82 said:

Painful choices I think is either the prologue or the Tinkers as I don't know what other important but non vital thing you could. I suppose Doman but I think that trip needs to be there if for no other reason than to show the deep history of Randland.

There have been a various leaked photos of caravan of wagons and costumes hinting at the Tinkers being included.

Edited by Carebear Sedai

On 3/25/2020 at 10:21 PM, Effete said:

Doman is also a reoccurring character; he shows up on Toman Head and again in Tanchico. Also, he gives readers (and viewers, potentially) their first glimpse at the Seals.

Domon may be a recurring character, but as much as I like him he's sadly a prime candidate for cutting. He doesn't really do anything that somebody else couldn't, since literally any character could be given that seal, and while he does have his plotline with Egeanin, she's another one who could readily be cut. Tuon will likely be introduced much earlier on the show as the face of the Seanchan, so having Egeanin becomes less important. I frankly expect that neither of them will have more than a bit part in the show.

I think the ship journey has to be there as you learn how ancient the world is and Ishamael harasses them there too.

Hard choices could also be cutting Someshta or just referencing him. I think it all depends what the do with the Eye because that ending especially is from the WoT trilogy days.

Edited by mistborn82