DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question about Dragon Reborn

RpgCorsair

I’m burning through the books and often needing some clarification hope you guys don’t mind ! 

in chapter ten what is the secret the girl squad is so scared of tar Valon finding out ? I’m assuming it’s what liandrian did and that they used the one power as a weapon ? 

also they spoke of hurin and how they ignored him the first time he had a feeling, Verin is aware of what he is why would she ignore his warning ? 

When you say chapter 10, which book?? Same thing for 'girl squad', no clue what you're referring to, I do have a hunch, but I won't say since I'm not sure where you are and don't want to spoil anything. 

As for Tar Valon and secrets, that's probably referring to the White Tower having very tight control on women who channel in the Third Age. Any woman found to have the ability is sent to the White Tower for testing. So, some women who can channel may/may not want to keep it a secret. I'll leave at that since, again, no idea how far along you are, and don't want spoil anything. 

Hope that was (somewhat?) helpful

(Finally, and this is purely semantic so I do apologise, this aint a question about the Dragon Reborn!)

3 hours ago, NotAWiseOne said:

When you say chapter 10, which book?? Same thing for 'girl squad', no clue what you're referring to...

(Finally, and this is purely semantic so I do apologise, this aint a question about the Dragon Reborn!)

Ooooo, you were so close!

OP is referring to chapter 10 of Book Three, The Dragon Reborn. "Girl squad" is (quite obviously, IMO) referring to Nyneave, Elayne, and Egwene.

@RpgCorsair Presumably you're referring to this line: "Six people, Egwene thought, and how many secrets? They all shared more than one, secrets that would have to be kept, perhaps even in the White Tower."

The secrets were that Rand was a male channeler (maybe truly even the Dragon Reborn) and that Moiraine was actively helping him. Another secret was that the Horn of Valere had been found... AND used! That Liandrin was Black Ajah (and the Black Ajah--vehemently denied by Aes Sedai--is actually real.

...There might be more, but I can't recall at this moment.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Effete
Typos