DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
JamesBrown

ATuckerMorin's WT/DM Class

Welcome @ATuckerMorin

This will be your personal class as you become acquainted with the White Tower. Your mentor, @Ariewill guide you as you explore both the Tower and yourself.

Best regards,

JamesBrown

Sword Captain

Welcome Tucker! I should be shooting you a PM shortly, but lets get you started with the first lesson!

Attend @ATuckerMorin The lesson has now begun. You may take your time in your replies, and it is highly recommended you do so. While I will watch this, I expect a formal @Arie once completed so that I can post the next part of the lesson. Feel free to go back and edit your post as you find your answers, which is also strongly recommended.

Part One: The White Tower

1) What are members of the WT/Warders expected to do?
2) What is the Code of Conduct, and how does it apply to you?
3) What in the heck does PG13 mean?
4) What is Thread-Hijacking and Spam, and what is the general policy of the WT/Warders regarding that?

I know there is a proper response to the call to attend, but I have totally forgotten. Good to met you Arie, thanks for being my mentor. 

1) What are the members of the WT/Warders expected to do?

Answer)

In one word serve. Aie Sedi means "servant of all" and warders serve the Aei Sedi. The WT/Warders first serve each other in the tower. We are a social group and hould treat each other like family. Having such an organized and service centered group can also be a great asset to Dragonmount as a whole. And in order to really serve all we need to reach outside of the WT. But not so manipulative as in the books.

6 hours ago, ATuckerMorin said:

I know there is a proper response to the call to attend, but I have totally forgotten. Good to met you Arie, thanks for being my mentor. 

Their may be, but it amuses me to use more formal language in 'formal' settings. ^.^ 

18 minutes ago, Arie said:

Their may be, but it amuses me to use more formal language in 'formal' settings. ^.^ 

Indubitably Arie Sedi. One of the things that drew me to the WT/Warders is that there are formal aspects.

2) What is the code of conduct and how does it apply to you?

Answer)

The code of conduct has several aspects:

Hate speech is not tolerated period!

Other inappropriate language such as words that are angry, crude, or curse words are also not allowed. If it is not said in the books, don't say it. 

No one should specifically target another member of DM in a negative way. 

Anyone can "bump" an old discussion, just be very careful and don't do it very often.

If someone wishes to post about something outside of DM there is a specific off topic forum. Only post once in this forum.

A signature violation is not a big deal, but you will be expected to change the mistake.

(I personally don't really know what these signatures are.) 

Any vagueness in the CoC will be resolved by the administrators.

The CoC is enforced using a three point system. Once three points are received a member will be permanently banned from DM and have their account deleted. 

What it means to me is that DM is a safe and fun place to enjoy the WoT. In a nutshell, don't be a jerk. I have a responsibility to not ruin anybody else's experience and I can count on the other people on DM to not ruin mine. 

On 3/24/2020 at 6:11 PM, ATuckerMorin said:

Do I have to ask anyone to change my profile picture on DM?

Nope, you should be able to edit your profile image on your own. There are two ways to get to where you can edit your avatar. Click on your avatar and it will take you to your profile, and there will be an button labeled "profile image" where your avatar would be. Click it and upload as needed. 

Lemmie know if that helps!  

8 hours ago, Arie said:

Nope, you should be able to edit your profile image on your own. There are two ways to get to where you can edit your avatar. Click on your avatar and it will take you to your profile, and there will be an button labeled "profile image" where your avatar would be. Click it and upload as needed. 

Lemmie know if that helps!  

That helped very much. Thank you.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:09 PM, ATuckerMorin said:

Aie Sedi

It's Aes Sedai 😛

Welcome to the White Tower and Warders, and have fun with Arie's class! I'll also pop in and answer questions if needed. Basically because I like to hang out from the ceiling eavesdropping on the classes and scaring the teachers. But don't tell.

Anyhoo, as you were and carry on.

3 hours ago, Elgee said:

It's Aes Sedai 😛

Welcome to the White Tower and Warders, and have fun with Arie's class! I'll also pop in and answer questions if needed. Basically because I like to hang out from the ceiling eavesdropping on the classes and scaring the teachers. But don't tell.

Anyhoo, as you were and carry on.

Oh my! I am so embarrassed!! A thousand apologies! I think I was more scared than the teacher Anyway, right away, thank you... I don't even know what title to address you as. So yes thank you! 

You guys still have school? That obviously comes first!

You may call me Mother, Mommy, Mumsy, Your Hig .... errr yeah or Elgee!

All the classes moved online. But I still have the same amount of work to do. I am in the architecture program at the University of Maine at Augusta and just finished one final project today.

3) What is PG13 anyway?

Answer)

PG13 is based on the rating for movies. Here on the White Tower/Warders it means no directly sexual flirtations, one slip up of swearing will be tolerated, but nothing else, and no sexualised pictures. Members of the White Tower/Warders have families and sometimes check forums at work. The PG13 standard is meant to keep the forums same for all users. 

I am extremely religious myself and will personally will be holding what would be considered a PG rating.