DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Let's be Aes Sedai and Warders

Elgee

In the Old Tongue, Aes Sedai (pronounced: /ˈaɪz sɛˈdaɪ/) means "servants of all," and the Aes Sedai of the Age of Legends lived up to this definition. They aided mankind as scientists, healers, and philosophers.

...due to the social structure of the Age of Legends being based on how well one served society, the Aes Sedai as an organization were held in extremely high regard and were very well respected due to the fact that, with the advantage of being able to channel, the Aes Sedai contributed extraordinarily to the betterment of humankind.

Courtesy of https://wot.fandom.com/wiki/Aes_Sedai

Well, we can't channel, but surely we're not completely useless either?

The world needs help at the moment. Our friends, family, neighbours, colleagues, strangers ... many need help.

We have fun here at Dragonmount, playing at being Aes Sedai and Warders.

Could we do more? Could we BE more?

What can we Aes Sedai and Warders do to help others at the moment?

A list of practical ideas would be wonderful. Maybe we can make a bit of difference in someone's life.

Go shopping for our elderly neighbour? (Leave the groceries by the door, though - after spraying it with sterilizer or something?)

Start a street WhatsApp or Facebook group, if there isn't already one, and just start chatting to the neighbours? See if anyone is scared or lonely or in need of assistance?

personally i've been standing in the gap for my parents, dad's almost 80 and mom's high risk, so sis and i have been doing everything. also something i think everyone can do is serve the people on your social media, provide links to distractions, tips, entertainment, solid news. be a source people trust

I have three medical conditions that make me very high risk if I get it.

So, I’m at home, calling a friend who lives alone every other day. Walking my dogs in a secluded area in the park. Using the drive through for snacks/lunch so people can stay working.

My oldest son had cancer which makes him high risk. If he gets laid off I’m going to pay his monthly medical premium so he can have continued healthcare. It’s not cheap.

Thinking of donating to our local food bank.

Any other ideas?

It is hard but I'm trying to do what I can.

There is a note in our building which you can leave details if anyone needs help if they are in self isolation - which we left our details. 

Making sure to check in with friends and family most days to make sure people don't feel socially isolated - just physically isolated. 

There has been a few small business in our neighbourhood that have had to close due to restrictions. They are offering gift cards for when they open again so they can still have some income during this time. Although our income has been affected, it's not as bad as other people so I've bought a couple of these to support our local businesses. 

If anyone has any other ideas, i'm definitely open to them!

I'm sewing masks for my local hospitals. I'm in the process of 50+ at the moment. i'm curious to see what the final number will be since i still have unused material and i stopped counting. XD

We're delivering them with a bunch of snacks, because nurses love snacks.

• 1 month later...