DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
Jaimelai

Coronavirus!

Looks like the filming on the TV show has stopped (wheel-of-time-production-delayed😞 

Anyone affected by the outbreak directly or indirectly yet?  We had a little surprise at the supermarket on Friday.  Never seen empty shelves like that before!  And my son just told me about an online friend who is being confined with his family.  Plays computer games full-time now, but no fun for us older people.

How is everyone doing? 

15 minutes at the DMV and I was able to renew my driver's license and get a Real ID - it was basically deserted - kind of scary actually, but the people there were upbeat and friendly.   Had to go to the local Kaiser for blood work - also deserted, but prepping for an onslaught.   Work is slowing down, but still open.   I was asked by the state how long I was keeping the doors open and I replied as long as I can,  (I have a small environmental testing lab that  conducts regulatory required testing).  We'll see. 

Anyone else affected yet?  Hope everyone is OK.

Hi.

Well we've been under a lockdown for just over 3 weeks now. (I go downstairs every couple of days to throw out the rubbish. Otherwise only once been out of our apartment for some groceries).

At least I can work from home. (Lots of people I know can't. Some are still getting paid and some not)

Still healthy though.

Not too affected by the stay home directives myself as my business is classified as "essential" and "critical".  In fact, I have to report to the state if I can't come in to work.   I did have to go to Target for supplies yesterday.  What a mess there.  Besides remodeling, they are not allowed to sell most things "in store" so they have the aisles taped off.   Half of the items on my list were available though limited quantities, except no limit on water, while the other half were empty shelves or in the forbidden zone.   Most people were wearing face masks and practicing social distancing, which was good.    Target also had extra helpers on hand to help people like me find stuff which was helpful (plus they gave me a $5 off coupon!), so overall, I was OK with my journey to the store yesterday.  Other than that, it has been just home and work.

My local area is starting to ease off some of the restrictions like opening the parks and beaches,  so maybe things are getting better - though I feel this is far from over.  

I'm a teacher and in my country elementary school is still open. So I'm still working as usual. I had to stay at home for three weeks since I was coughing. You are not allowed to go to work when you have any sign of sickness. I was feeling well for the most time.  The last days I was in contact with my class in a video chat and that was fun to try out. Did I have corona? Who knows? They are only testing medical staff so far. What I know is that corona has been widely spread in the part of the country were I live. Hopefully I and my family is immune now but we don't know.

It was almost impossible to find toilet paper the first weeks but now it's back to normal. The hardest thing so far is not seeing my grandparents. People over 70 and people that are in high risk groups are not supposed to meet people. I know that my grandmother is feeling alone. I call her more than I usually do. 

My boyfriend works at concerts and he had a lot of work coming up this spring. But then it was decided that there should be no gatherings of more than 50 people so all concerts were cancelled. We will survive but the income we had looked forward to disappeared. 😞 

Another trip to Target this week.   Still a lot of empty shelves, but I was able to get a bottle of isopropyl  alcohol for the first time in what seems like months, also some paper towels, both of which I use quite a bit at work.  I got pretty sick last week, but although I had a lot of the symptoms , I had no respiratory problems, so I'm chalking it up to food poisoning.

My sister-in-law is a elementary teacher in San Diego.  They have been video teaching for a while now.  I guess it is going smoothly now, but at first she needed her kid's help in even getting the connection to  work.   My son's girlfriend has been taking her finals at his place while he's at work as it is much quieter than her house.  And I just got a notice from my kid's old college stating the tuition fees are not refundable!  My kids all graduated years ago, but still good to know, I guess 🤔

Sign in to follow this