DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

while i’m not through the whole series yet, i do love Jim Butchers Dresden Files series. 

anyone else into it?

• 2 months later...

seen the tv series...so sure lolz though they geting fuzzy i have this distinct feeling hearing the name that i did very much enjoy the series

Posted (edited)

even if i had many recommendations I never started it XD

I was not even aware there was a tv show 😕

Edited by Hayl3y

yeah i havent seen the tv series, from what i hear it differs wildly from the books. like total character changes for no real good reason etc. if you like the tv series you'd love the books, if you like the books chances are you wont like the series basically. 

but definitely both of you pick up a book and read it!! 

• 4 months later...

yeah i seen it, had someone around a while who was a fan 😉

I remember the show, i don't remember it being particularily good, Like a cult classic that didn't quite hit that classic feel. 

The books are quite good and I really enjoy them. My husband, on the other hand, has read them multiple times through and does a re-read (or two) before each book release. 

I'm currently working through Battle Grounds, I gotta say, it's made some fascinating turns.

yeah i was specifically told not to watch the show if you're a fan of the books. which i am. 

To be fair, fans can say the same of that WoT special, but we all watched it for the train wreck anyway. 

13 hours ago, Arie said:

To be fair, fans can say the same of that WoT special, but we all watched it for the train wreck anyway. 

LMAO yeah like crack addicts who'll use any old rubbish if they can't find the real deal 😛

On 10/20/2020 at 11:29 PM, Arie said:

I'm currently working through Battle Grounds, I gotta say, it's made some fascinating turns.

I just and finished it yesterday and to say it's taken some turns is an understatement, no idea what they're gonna do next, it's both exciting and also, I'm skeptical. 

I really liked the book but like, whoah. Ya know. 

it can go any which way, yes lotr is a descent movie judged on its own, on the books now but on its own i seen it more times then i needed too as such (back in the days everything wasnt so readily avaliable so you had to choose between what was on and it was popular on tv some years and well better often then the alterntives). But overall between the two i would say i like the books better.

with vampire diaries its worlds apart though, as someone who liked the series, i do not even recognise myself in the books and i really didnt go beyond buying the first which i kept hoping thorughout it would get better (it did not)

i liked the tv series well enough, never got into the books as such (i tried...maybe if there wasnt so many choices avaliable...aka if i ran into it when i was younger but)