DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mashiara Sedai

Personal decision... read at your own risk! Haha

So, I've decided after a very long debate with myself to get a breast reduction.  (This is why I labeled it read at your own risk!  There'll be a lot of bitching about women body parts!)

I've been larger than a DDD since a few years after high school.  I've lived with an extra 15+ lbs on my upper chest which has been giving me back aches since forever!  It's hard for me to find clothing that fits and doesn't accentuate my bosom.  It's awkward whenever I do anything physical (dancing, ice skating, jogging, etc.).  

I've wanted to get this procedure done for the past decade at least.  I've always been too afraid.  (There's also the fee since insurance refuses to pay for it since they aren't "big enough.")  But I finally faced my fear.  I want to be comfortable in my body.

I met with a plastic surgeon about three weeks ago.  She went over the procedure, how it would be done, and how to expect my breasts to be after the surgery.  She said she could get me down to a D.  I nearly flipped the table.  I told her I wanted smaller than that.  She reluctantly said she'd take as much as she could, safely.  She said she'd try to get me down to a B.  I really, really, really hope she can get me down to a B!

So I have a pre-op appointment next Wednesday (Feb 26th) and my surgery is scheduled for March 9th.  It'll be the first day of my spring break, and recovery time should be only 4 days.  I don't plan on missing any work.

It's coming up soon and I AM FREAKING OUT!  Medical procedures give me anxiety.  LOL.  I can't stand blood, or bones, or being anywhere near a dr's office or a hospital.  When I went to my initial meeting my blood pressure skyrocketed.  It's usually right around 120/80.  It was raised to 160/100 or something.  Crazy high.  They were concerned.  I told them it was my anxiety at being there and thinking about the procedure.  *sighs*  I'll have to take a xanax the night before the procedure, and hopefully the morning of.  The surgeon asked me why I'd waited to so long to make this decision and this was the reason why!  I'M TERRIFIED.

But I know it will be a good choice.  I'll be happier and more comfortable in my body.

So, I'll keep you posted on how things go!  Thanks for listening, my friends!  ❤️

i'm on the small end of things, my sis on the larger so while i can't imagine what its like to deal with every day, i have seen some of the issues. and girl, glad you're finally getting it done. so many people don't realize what a weight that is, and how it affects every part of your life. it's not just boobage, its how you move, why you move, and how you feel because of it. 

I once would have been happy with a C cup. After having kids I now sit as a flippin' "H" size. Medical Procedures are probably keeping me from wanting to go in for a reduction, though I know it may have to happen eventually. So major Kudoz to getting to this point in the process!! 

*puts her yellow shawl on* 

Be sure to take the time after it all to heal!! The anxiety that leads up feels like a lot. I can't entirely compare? But preparing for that first kid, large body changes are incredibly daunting and the thing I hear from anyone going through large changes is that healing period after. That emotional and mental adjustment may need a lot of forgiveness, and it's totally okay. So, start using what tools are available to you that helps you calm, and process things in a healthy manner. Be it journally, self-insert fanfiction. Something that forces you to deal with what YOU are feeling.

❤️ You got this. And we'll see you on the other side. ❤️

Edited by Arie

Oh my god you are officially my hero!!!! I would have loved to do the same, if I wasn't such a scaredy cat, and you are just doing it despite being scared.

Can you imagine not having to lift so awkward cause those freeking lumps are in the way, or having a chill day at home without a brah, and not getting shoulder and back pains from the lack of support?!

I'm with 💛senpai💛 over here though, don't set too harsh goals for the recovery, take the time you need.

YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!!!!!! 🤘❤️

*snuggles mashi* 

That's a very brave decision to make, Mashi! I hope this is going to make things so much better for you *hugs tight*

I'm on the largish size myself, so I can get a glimmer of how difficult those large boobies must make your life.

I completely understand why you would want to get this done. I'm also a large-breasted woman, although not quite that large. I admire your bravery in doing it in spite of being scared. You got this, girl! You'll do great!

You'll do great, and DM will be around to entertain you while you chillax afterwards 😉

Thank you all for your love and support! 

When I feel the overwhelming fear, I remember to focus on the positive outcome: I looked at bikinis at Target the other day and fantasized about being able to fit in one!  I bought a shirt online that's a tad too small; it a few weeks, it'll fit!  I'll be able to exercise without using the sports bra that fits in the cup, but not the band that I had to sew so it'll stay on and it's impossible to get on, and more impossible to take off while sweaty!

I'm torn with wanting the next weeks to go by fast and dreading the surgery date coming too soon.

I know I can turn to you all when I'm starting to get too worked up.

Sounds to me you got a good doc thats preoccupied with doing a good job even if that means telling you that your goals may not be reachable. An unetical doc would just do what you told them without informing you of risks and whatnot

Also remember to not get to hung up in cup size, it is dependable on waist size afterall, a B in one size can be  D in another size 😉

So whatever they manage to do your goal may still be atainable, just adjust the waist size (problem solved/glass half full), now show us pics of those nice bikinis..

Good points, Liitha!  I do understand I may not get exactly what I want.  At the same time, I'm paying a lot of money for this so I want it done the way I want.  *lol*

Anything smaller would be better, and that's what I need to focus on.

As for bikinis... what do you think of this one?

GUEST_bdd284ad-95ec-4cbb-846d-b1e402035c

Lol I get it I had a kid and nursed and changed bra sizes so much, and learned more and more even if not that big how important to have proper suport, so went in for help to a bra store some years ago to get it right and get a proper one, then in B size. Went back last year or so and they didnt have the same so asked for help since they worn out. Walked out with a waist size smaller and a D

I always been so focused on cup and not thinking in corelation to waist so it took me a while to wrap head around it being the same. Which why saying it, cup in itself dont really say much.

One of the things we females are notorious for is actually geting bra sizes wrong, it may just be what is B in your head, if u got waist size wrong is more of a D in the docs head if she knows her measures right 😉 I get why we get it wrong though, while the bra I let them fully fit felt a bit like a new shoe needing wearing in the first couple weeks, its even better then the one from before who also was better then what I used to use but where I only partly trusted them in fiting it.

And nice, I couldnt do it to pale for me..dont use too much whiteish colors due to skin colors, but I do like colorfull clothings (tend to go for warm bright ones if can find those)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Bhu5fwMfL._AC_UY780_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51tLSaxgZtL._AC_UY780_.jpg

I do love my colors these days (used to hide in dark ones as a kid, so sort of making up for that lolz by exploring and using loads of em now)

Edited by Liitha

15 hours ago, Mashiara Sedai said:

Good points, Liitha!  I do understand I may not get exactly what I want.  At the same time, I'm paying a lot of money for this so I want it done the way I want.  *lol*

Anything smaller would be better, and that's what I need to focus on.

As for bikinis... what do you think of this one?

GUEST_bdd284ad-95ec-4cbb-846d-b1e402035c

I think it's cute. 

On 2/22/2020 at 9:15 PM, Mashiara Sedai said:

Thank you all for your love and support! 

When I feel the overwhelming fear, I remember to focus on the positive outcome: I looked at bikinis at Target the other day and fantasized about being able to fit in one!  I bought a shirt online that's a tad too small; it a few weeks, it'll fit!  I'll be able to exercise without using the sports bra that fits in the cup, but not the band that I had to sew so it'll stay on and it's impossible to get on, and more impossible to take off while sweaty!

ooh and you'll be able to get a shirt that fits around your waist AND your boobs without that terrible button gape. And fingers crossed for no more underboob sweat! And if they're sore around your time of the month you're not going to be hurting them just moving your arm! So many benefits!

It's gonna be really good, Mashi. 

I have pretty darn big boobs too and they don't bother me but I'm built quite broad, with big shoulders etc. My friend who wears the same size as me roughly gets loads of back pain but she's much more slight. She's looking into getting a breast reduction too. 

Well done you on doing something scary.

well underboob sweat depends on how active you are and how big a sweater you are. i’m somewhere between an A and a B and can still some of that sweat. 

I'd imagine it depends on shape of boobs too, had a temp issue while I breastfed with that bacause got a crease underneat, now thats gone I dont really anymore. 

*hugs Mashi*

Hope everything goes well and you get what you want but safe!

The surgery is tomorrow at noon.  I can't eat after midnight tonight so we're going to gorge on pizza at 11pm.  *lol*  

My anxiety has been pretty low so far, but I will have to take my Xanax tonight before bed and tomorrow before the surgery.

I'm just ready for it to be over so I can focus on being happy in my body.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Thank you all for your positive thoughts!

*hugs and cheers* you got this!!

Thinking of you, Mashi! Just think of all the sexy bras you'll be able to wear 😁

Thinking of you too! Spoil yourself with ice cream as a 'just because'. 🙂

I've been checking every day to see if you've posted in here. How are you recovering? Spoil yourself. You'll heal faster. 

Thank you all for your continued thoughts!

I’m healing as best I can.  

On Monday, the surgery lasted five and a half hours.  There was a lot to take! I wasn’t thrilled with how quickly they released me.  I don’t remember the car ride home—though I talked non stop—and I only gained consciousness when we pulled up to our house.  The pain was so minimal the first day, but by the second I was taking the pain killers they gave me.  

I had my post-op appointment on Wednesday and the doctor said everything was looking good!  My anxiety hit hard at her office because they started pulling off all the wrappings and the gauze and it freaked me out.  They had to lie me down and elevate my legs and give me an ice pack.  It drained me.

Thursday was the day I could shower.  I couldn’t work up the courage to do it.  But I did shower Friday morning and I felt a ton better!  I stopped taking my pain meds (opioids) on Wednesday and I’ve been taking Advil instead.  The pain is almost non existent.  It more an uncomfortable feeling not one that hurts.  I drove myself to Walgreens yesterday (less than a mile from my house) and got more gauze to line my bra.  The wounds are still leaking quite a bit.

I showered again this morning and FINALLY worked up the courage to look at myself.  During the showers and changes of clothing I’ve kept my eyes shut tight.  I looked and I cried.  It’s so horrible looking!  I’m so bruised and swollen.  It’s awful!  I’m totally numb around the center of my breast, where they moved the nipples to, and it’s all discolored.  But my hubby says it looks so much better than on Wednesday when they removed the first bandages.  

My doctor gave me the go ahead to return to work on Monday—assuming that they don’t cancel school in our district.

So the process has been long but I’m steadily improving!

❤️