DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Green Couch Support Thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, someone you have a mental pic of as a child..ofcourse it's natural to have feelings..knowing or not knowing does not matter.. *hugs* ❤ 

• 3 months later...

Taking one day at a time.

Blessed to be able to work from home. My son is doing online classes. We do store run once a week and avoid going out anymore than necessary. Being extra careful especially for my dad's sake.

(Hugs everyone.)

The same. It’s getting really bad. I’m just doing what I’ve always done, masking, hand washing, limiting trips.

My youngest son got the vaccine yesterday.

I've read scary things about the vaccine. I'm going to ask my doctor's advice. I am eligible to get it in the first wave, but I'm not sure if I'm going to. 

On 12/19/2020 at 6:22 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

I've read scary things about the vaccine. I'm going to ask my doctor's advice. I am eligible to get it in the first wave, but I'm not sure if I'm going to. 

I find COVID, ventilators, and dying alone scary.

Edited by Ryrin

I lost a former co-worker last night. We weren’t close friends but I really liked her and she was a good help at work on court issues as she was previously a juvenile probation officer. Shauna was in her early 40’s. HR released that she had passed and a friend just said she knew that Shauna was sick and there were “complications.” Shauna was pretty private so we don’t know if it was COVID. It’s just so sad. 

1 minute ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I agree. The whole thing is scary. 

Yes, all of it.

1 minute ago, Ryrin said:

I lost a former co-worker last night. We weren’t close friends but I really liked her and she was a good help at work on court issues as she was previously a juvenile probation officer. Shauna was in her early 40’s. HR released that she had passed and a friend just said she knew that Shauna was sick and there were “complications.” Shauna was pretty private so we don’t know if it was COVID. It’s just so sad. 

I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose someone you like and respect. 

Ryrin, I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

I had an eye appointment today. I'm back on steroid drops. The scarring in my left eye has gotten worse. I go back in a month for a follow up.

Sure am hoping next year is better for us all.

2 hours ago, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

Ryrin, I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

I had an eye appointment today. I'm back on steroid drops. The scarring in my left eye has gotten worse. I go back in a month for a follow up.

Sure am hoping next year is better for us all.

Me too and we are almost into next year. How is your vision in your left eye?

Had cornea transplant when I was 7 months. About a year and a half ago came very close to a rejection, but we caught it. Hoping we can slow the scaring. Just trying to keep what vision I do have, which is very limited at best, but colors, shapes, and lights are better than nothing, and would like to maintain it as best as I can.