DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
blank

Chocolate Week: Discussion on Food, Glorious Food!

Welcome to our Chocolate Week Feast!

Hello everyone and welcome to our official discussion thread of this years Chocolate Week. 

This year we will be discussing food and different rituals we all have around food. I believe that food can more than just fuel for your body but connect us to our cultures, our traditions and our family and friends.

This time of year around Valentine's it traditional to receive some sort of chocolates from a romantic partner or friend but food is intrinsically linked with many holidays like Christmas and thanksgiving and Hanukkah and Easter etc. For me personally food is also linked to birthday celebrations and meeting up with friends, summers in the park with strawberries and pork pies, concerts with hot dogs and warm evenings with bbqs and punch.

So I'd like to invite you to share your memories with us around food and connections. Feel free to share about specific food from your cultures and recipes you made with your grandparents and the things you do to take a bite of food and be instantly transported to a time from your childhood!

Food, Glorious Food!

Image result for table overlfowing with food

not so much around a holiday but a few years ago we started a monthly tradition in the house where the last friday in the month we all eat separately. sis and i will go out and try new restaurants, different foods and stuff. its amazing how something so simple can be so relaxing

That's so nice! Do you plan in advance?

My friend once dictated her entire trip to disney around where she wanted to eat and could get reservations for haha. 

yeah we usually start deciding on where to go a week or so before. unless its one of our birthday months then it's all up to the birthday girl

My oldest son and his fiancé are going to Vancouver, BC this weekend. I asked what they were going to do and he said “eat.” Lol. Trying out new restaurants. That’s what they always do. However, they are very fit. 😳