DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

February Chitter Chatter (2020)

Ryrin

I am spending February frantically working on getting my house ready to put on the market so we can see about moving closer to my husband's job. (I work online, so where we live doesn't matter to my job as long as I'm in the same State). It's only about 40-60 minutes away from where we are now probably, but it'd be nice to get it up so we can sell it and get moved. 

I also get to go to a Conference for work at the end of February and I'm really excited about that because it's all about Digital and Online Education. ? And I get to go with several of my colleagues (and work pays for it). Conferences are like professional vacation! 

We don't do a lot for Valentine's Day. I mean normally we eat a nice meal, but we try to avoid going out anywhere because everything is crowded and nuts. In the past, if we do go out usually we invite friends along (especially if they don't have 'romantic valentine plans'). 

That said, the new Sonic movie is coming out that weekend, so as a family we may be going to Sonic the Hedgehog for Valentine's Day. 

• Club Leader

I am also preparing to move. I'm putting an offer on a house today, and the next step is to get an offer for my current house. The house needs so much work that we're hoping to sell to an investor who will flip it, which means less money in my pocket, but I just want to move on. 

Other than that and plugging away with work and school, nothing really exciting going on. 

Whoah. I too am selling my house this month. We close in a couple of weeks, and we're moving into a temporary apartment while they finish building our new house, slated to be finished in April. 

There's nothing to make you question every single bloody thing you've ever bought than having to pack it up and move it somewhere.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:26 AM, LadyWordsmith said:

OMG yes! We have gotten rid of 'so many things' while packing and putting things in storage. 

The worst part is unpacking something at your new place, then deciding you don't need it after all and getting rid of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Excited! Heading off on a several day adventure tomorrow for work. Our school is sending several of us to the DLAC (Digital Learning Annual Conference), and I get to spend three days with a group of coworkers I really enjoy hanging with while we sit in on some fascinating panel discussions, hopefully learn a lot, and then get to hang out and bond in the evenings. ?

• Club Leader

Ten days until I close escrow! We still have so much packing to do! Yesterday, I bought a new (bigger) bed and a washer and dryer set to be delivered during the move. Plus bedding of course, and a cat door to be installed in my bedroom door. All that is left to purchase is a curtain for the sliding glass door. And a curtain rod, of course. I may wait until after we move in to do that. 

It's a year for changing our environments it seems. I too am packing my life's collection of brick'a'brack. No place to move to yet but there's plenty I can get done and out of the way now that I don't need/use immediately. Once I see what my tax return looks like I can start looking around. Been doin a lot of tossin things out. I am eager to unpack my things though as they've been mouldering in boxes in the attic for some time now. It'll be nice to see them again. As for a countdown, 1 hour 12 minutes and I'M OUT!!

Mills, I’m doing the same thing. Too much stuff. It’s freeing. I tell my family if you haven’t seen it or used it in 6 months, you don’t need it.

Oh, Lily. I just hope you can get settled soon.

Cross, what did you get?

Lady, how was your adventure?