DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Meaning of casting Kerene Nagashi

Guest redgiant

Guest redgiant

On the casting page it lists Clare Perkins being cast as Kerene Nagashi, one of The Searchers when Gitara foretold the Dragon Reborn's birth on Dragonmount.

Does this mean we will simply see a flashback of the sudden foretelling and Gitara dying, with Kerene in the room along with Suian and Morraine?

Or will they go further and show the search and how they tracked down a boy born in a specific time window that narrows his age, back to the Two Rivers and Morraine's eventual arrival there, etc?

Edited by redgiant

I really don't think that they will have time, for all that. I can see it as flashbacks or she as an extra in the tv show, like joining Morraine in one of the towns? I don' t really see it too be long as taking whole 'New spring' and then going with the 'Eye of the world'. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2020 at 7:15 AM, Strahor said:

I really don't think that they will have time, for all that. I can see it as flashbacks or she as an extra in the tv show, like joining Morraine in one of the towns? I don' t really see it too be long as taking whole 'New spring' and then going with the 'Eye of the world'. 

They wouldn't cast an actress with a substantial CV to play an extra. More so, the character has a well known Dutch actor playing her warder, so I expect we'll see some flashbacks. 

From a filmmaker's perspective, flashbacks of Kerene getting murdered by the black ajah in the race to find the dragon reborn makes a lot of sense. It's dynamic, exciting, and sets the stake for what Moiraine was up against and what the Wonder Girls will be up against when they take on the fight against the black ajah. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 6:02 PM, Carebear Sedai said:

They wouldn't cast an actress with a substantial CV to play an extra. More so, the character has a well known Dutch actor playing her warder, so I expect we'll see some flashbacks. 

From a filmmaker's perspective, flashbacks of Kerene getting murdered by the black ajah in the race to find the dragon reborn makes a lot of sense. It's dynamic, exciting, and sets the stake for what Moiraine was up against and what the Wonder Girls will be up against when they take on the fight against the black ajah. 

Thank you for making this day even better by stoking my anticipation for the show with this post : )

On 4/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, Carebear Sedai said:

I'd caution folks that minor characters like Kerene could be in for substantial retconning. For example, it would not surprise me one bit if "Kerene Nagashi" bore no resemblance to the character in the book with the same name.

Instead, I think you will see some of these characters being reinvented to serve Logain's story. 

Doing a lot of "New Spring" content in flashback is also a possibility. But my guess is that any of that type of flashback will serve as Moiraine character development as opposed to going far afield into the lore.