DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Cross

Fairy tales

i had posted a topic about what they are a couple years ago and can't find it now, so.....new topic! 

my fairy tale is finally up though if you're interested, the first page

but onto the topic. what's your favorite fairy tale? do you enjoy them? have you read the originals? 

4 hours ago, Cross said:

i had posted a topic about what they are a couple years ago and can't find it now, so.....new topic! 

my fairy tale is finally up though if you're interested, the first page

but onto the topic. what's your favorite fairy tale? do you enjoy them? have you read the originals? 

WONDERFUL! I love Fairy tales, the rule of three - all that!

I can't wait to sit down and read this :) there is a great podcast called Myths and Legends where I got to listen to some awesome Japanese and Slavic Fairy tales I had never heard of and all for adult listeners and narrated in a contemporary way if you are interested 

My favorite fairytale is the tale of Bluebeard. I've read every brothers Grimm tale and a bunch of Hans Christian Andersen's tales. 

@Maera  so that podcast just tells stories? 

haha true james. any specific ones your favorites?

i haven't heard of bluebeard cal, what's that one about?

Bluebeard is a wonderful story! Though dark. Mind you, I think most fairy tales are quite dark. Trying to think now what my favourite is ...

I have to think upon this. I’m usually a Fables person.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:04 AM, Cross said:

@Maera  so that podcast just tells stories? 

haha true james. any specific ones your favorites?

i haven't heard of bluebeard cal, what's that one about?

Oh check out bluebeard its one of my faves too!

yeah the podcasts tells little known fairytales from around the world and where they originated and also include a 'creature of the week' which will be a scary creature from folklore too - a married couple do it, and he does bluebeard as well if you want to check it out :)

https://www.mythpodcast.com/

Oh goodness. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE fairy tales. Of course, I love the Disney version of fairy tales, because the original versions are pretty dark and sad (Little Mermaid anyone?!). Some of my favorites are Little Mermaid, Swan Princess, Cinderella, Snow White, Snow Queen, Beauty and the Beast, Rapunzel, etc....

Speaking of fairy tales, one of my favorite musicals is Into the Woods. It's a collection of classic fairy tales rolled into one show (Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Red Riding Hood are the main ones). It's funny, and pretty messed up in the end 😄. I think you can watch the stage version on Netflix, starring Bernadette Peters as the Wicked Witch. You can also watch the Disney movie of the show, which may be on Disney +. The movie is pretty good, but the stage version is better (of course).

i think i've heard of into the woods. havent had the chance to see it yet though. 

hahah yeah the originals are very different from the sanitized disney versions. but that's what i like about them. i like seeing what they are originally and seeing why they'd been changed. i do tend to prefer the originals. they have more meat to them

Ok, yes, they do have more substance....and I appreciate the originals for that reason. I just love the Disney versions better because I am a happily ever after type, and enjoy being spirited away from the reality of the world sometimes 😄

that is needed in life totally. which disney one is your fav?

and i’m trying so hard not to be that self promoting person i do need to be, but if you’re interested we have our own fairy tale division, finished our first story a few months ago

Pretty much all the princess movies are my favorite! 😄

Uh, I’m totally interested! Details please!

Phaedra, I get that completely. I'm a happy ever after kind of person, too. I prefer the Disney versions of the fairy tales. One of my favorites is Tangled (Rapunzel) but I also love Hansel and Gretel and wish Disney would do that one. My list of favorites is a long one. 

it's weird they havent done hansel and gretel yet. though that one i would prefer to look more like the old time disney rather than the style they have going now. 

phaedra, it's a free webcomic: She Ran with Foxes

@LilyElizabeth: ok, so I’ve decided you are another twin of mine, along with @Cross 🥰. Nerds of a feather, as Cross would say 😂.

Ooooh Cross...can’t wait to check that out!