DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What do Gateways look like on the back side? And how did Ishy do....

imlad

Yeah, basically the topic says it all. If you were to go around to look at the back of a Gateway, the side opposite where everyone comes out, what would you see? I can't remember if this was ever addressed in the books or not, and if so, how.

While I'm asking silly questions, how did Ba'alzamon kill all the rats in Baerlon? Did he do it somehow from the Dreamshard he had the boys in? Did he leave the 'shard to come to Baerlon in the flesh and then channel the backs broken of all the rats? What gives here, or is this just another of the wonky ways the early books don't match up to the rest in how magical stuff works?

It was addressed in the books.  The backside of the gateway looks misty, and when asked about what might happen if a person were to try and step through the gateway from behind Moggy was a bit distressed by the idea.

Pretty much your last sentence answers it.  If you can't get the answer that way, it was the True Power doing evil True Power things.

My guess is a dreamshard thing,   All the companion says about Dreamshards is "A world created by a powerful Dreamer or Dreamwalker, distinct from Tel'aran'rhiod."  So the after effects of a dreamshard are different then Tel'aran'rhiod.  

23 hours ago, Maedelin said:

It was addressed in the books.  The backside of the gateway looks misty, and when asked about what might happen if a person were to try and step through the gateway from behind Moggy was a bit distressed by the idea.

Pretty much your last sentence answers it.  If you can't get the answer that way, it was the True Power doing evil True Power things.

Thanks, I thought it was something like that, just couldn't recall.

1 hour ago, Sabio said:

My guess is a dreamshard thing,   All the companion says about Dreamshards is "A world created by a powerful Dreamer or Dreamwalker, distinct from Tel'aran'rhiod."  So the after effects of a dreamshard are different then Tel'aran'rhiod.  

Thanks for the input.