DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Entertainment to look forward to in 2020

Lavandula

1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

I found a couple of movies that piqued my interest: wonder woman 1984, the Croods 2 and maybe the new Doolittle movie, haven't decided upon that last one.

I'm definitely looking forward to WW84, that trailer was bloody cool! And I have this sort of crush on Gal Gadot, the best part of the whole DC movie franchise, really.

Looking forward to the final two episodes of the DC/CW crossover event "Crisis on Infinite Earths" in a couple weeks, which is the penultimate episode of Arrow and the season premier of (my favorite DC/CW show) Legends of Tomorrow. Season 2 of The Mandalorian is supposedly going to air in the Fall, so I'm a bit thrilled to see more of Baby Yoda The Child ?. I presume seasons two for both His Dark Materials and Doom Patrol will be released this year, and season 5 for The Expanse, meaning I'll have even more superb fare on the telly in 2020.

I'm beyond excited to see Scarlett Johannsen finally get to be the lead in an MCU film with Black Widow coming out in a few months, and I'm looking forward to learning about The Eternals in their own MCU movie when it's released this Summer (Brian Tyree Henry as a superhero? Oh, Hells yeah!!!? Angelina Jolie in an MCU movie? Hell yeah!?).

Brandon Sanderson finished the rough draft of "Stormlight Archive #4" on New Year's Eve, and tweeted that we should expect the book probably in November or so (at least that's according to the news vid I watched earlier today). So I am very much anticipating that. 

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head, without Googling for what is being released in this coming year.

I'm not counting books since most of the series I am following I'm not caught up on, so it's been many years since I read a book the year it came out. (I think AMOL was the last time.)

I am, however, looking forward to the new Bond movie No Time to Die coming out in April. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

Dune is gonna be amazing I just know it

I fully agree, Dune (Part 1) will be frakking amaze-balls, but will probably flop so hard at the box office that the studio will end up chickening out and pull the plug on completing Part 2 as well as cancelling Dune: the Sisterhood (television series). Sure, it (the movie) has some stellar names to the cast, but that really doesn't mean anything when it comes to cerebral Science Fiction and the finicky North American audience.

That said, I would not be surprised if the soon-to-be-Box-Office-flop rakes in several Oscar nominations and even wins. But that still won't get the studio to relent and allow the second half of the movie to be finished and released, nor actually produce the television show they are currently promising.

My overall hopes for this project are at about 7/10 based on how poorly I think audiences will react to the film (hopes for the film, North American audience aside, are closer to 9.9/10). Sorry, but Dune is just over the heads of about 95% of Americans, including most of my friends (and probably about 90% of Canadians; yes, I just gave Canada the edge on overall intelligence, sue me)*.

----------------------------------------------------

* I know technically Mexico is part of North America, but is is not considered part of the "North American Box Office" when it comes to determining such figures, only the United States and Canada are part of that figure. 

Edited by imlad