DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

January Chitter Chatter (2020)

Ryrin

Happy New Years! Yes, we had a nice mellow at-home New Year's Eve as a family. We watched Captain America: Civil War, and some of the NYE concerts, and ate Thai Food, with Cherry Pie and ice cream for dessert. Rang in the new year with my favorite sparkling apple cider (Martinelli's of course). All of this with our pups and kitties. 

Our New Year's Day plans have been pretty relaxed as well. I watched the Rose Parade this morning, and we helped our college-age niece run some errands this afternoon (she doesn't have a car). I also took some time to log into work long enough to get the one college admissions recommendation letter I promised a student turned in (her earliest deadlines were today so that had to be done!). Tonight we're watching Doctor Strange in our ongoing re-watch of the MCU. 

Happy New Year’s!

We had a mellow New Year’s Eve. We went out to dinner and did a bit of shopping. We watched a documentary on YouTube and ate snacks.

New Year’s Day my husband took the dogs out for a walk. We watched football and relaxed. Later we went grocery shopping and my husband cleaned out the tomato garden bed. I took the holiday decorations down.

We are old. LOL. 

Our gym is closed on New Year's Day, so my wife and I walked across the bridge over a local lake. Then we cleaned up the house a bit, and she made chicken soup. 

We napped and watched two episodes of The Crown over dinner. 

Not much special, but it was a nice day all the same.

It hurt when the Dr yanked it out but I’m 

ok. 

My son and his girlfriend have been trying to see Jumanji but it’s been full.

Rest is so helpful when you are sick. I always worry about my oldest when he gets sick and can’t rest due to work.

• Club Leader

I worked through the worst of the flu. It was hard. It really got spread around our office by those of us who didn't have the sense to stay home when we were contagious. 

Ryrin, I'm sure you remember. It's hard to cancel all your appointments and take time off. 

On 1/7/2020 at 6:48 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

I worked through the worst of the flu. It was hard. It really got spread around our office by those of us who didn't have the sense to stay home when we were contagious. 

Ryrin, I'm sure you remember. It's hard to cancel all your appointments and take time off. 

Oh, it could be really hard, especially if other agencies were involved.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:30 AM, Cross said:

its my birthday and apparently my sister is surprising me with a new cheese every morning this week!

I hope your birthday and your cheese was wonderful! Great idea for a gift.

So today we are currently under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch, a Tornado Watch 'and' a Winter Storm Watch! The Flood watches are off to the East and South...where the tornado 'warnings' currently are. The snow is supposed to come in tonight right on the heels of the thunderstorms and tornadoes. Oh, and 'yesterday afternoon' we were under a Fire Weather Watch. 

Plains weather is fascinating. If I'd been a pioneer I would NEVER have stayed here. 

Totally safe! The worst of the storm line formed up East of our town and mostly passed South and East of us. And I apparently missed last night's earthquake! lol. We don't feel them at my house when they come from the north-west because of the way they travel across the valley (we are on a hill/ridge East of town). 

We do have a beautiful little coat of snow today! I woke my son in his bed with a snowball boop to the nose. Then his best friend came over and they've been playing Video Games all day. I just finished watching Ansteorra's Crown Tourney via FB live stream (SCA... gotta love not having to drive in this weather to Texas when I can't make it). A friend won Crown, so very happy about that. ?

SnowyRoad.jpg

Thanks! Of course, it's already mostly melted, but it was nice to have it while it lasted. I wish we got more regular winter snow around here. I grew up in Northern Virginia, and so we always got at least one really 'good' winter snow. Sometimes two or three. ? Out here it almost always stays north of us, or far west. 

Thank you! It was a lovely day while it lasted. ? I'd be happy if we could drive to snow easily, but it takes about 10 hours to get to the Rockies from here. I suppose I could just drive to Kansas or Nebraska but I don't really have anywhere to go or close friends to stay with in those areas far enough north to hit the snow. 

That said, it went back up into the 50s today and all melted as expected. It's early in the winter yet, maybe we'll get more before Spring. Though 'not' on days I have to travel would be ideal. 

Once I was driving to see my sister and just barely made it past the road closure. I didn’t have chains and had two kids in the car. We were in the Sierras where the Donner Party got stuck! ?